Blood = Organ Transplant Awake! '99

by waiting 45 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Has anyone currently attending asked an elder how we can use fractions of blood which means violating the edict on storing blood...brave you if you did? What was the explanation? I would think the frontline elder hasn't a clue even if they had thought about it. Has anyone asked a member of the Hospital Liaison Committee or the Hospital Information Services? Has anyone who no longer attends asked these questions when they were attending?

JWs don't "read" the magazines any more let alone the Bible. They just wait to be spoon fed from the platform, the assemblies, or from a friend who is probably one of the few that do actually read the publications. (The meetings are so bad because people don't pre-study...they just read the answer out of the publication, "the paragraph says," "the book says," "the magazine says")

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Lets look at history seeing we are talking about storage.

Even a brief storing of one's blood is a scriptural violation in days gone by.

Consequently, the removal of one's blood, storing it and later putting it back into the same person would be a violation of the Scriptural principles that govern the handling of blood....if the blood were stored, even for a brief period of time, this would be a violation of the Scriptures...Again, if one's own blood would have to be withdrawn at intervals and stored until a sufficient amount had accumulated to set a machine in operation, this too would fall under Scriptural prohibition.
    - The Watchtower 10/15/1959 p. 640 Emphasis added.

Ahhhh, the new light of today shines soooo brightly.

hawk

• Maximus
    Maximus

Average elder: "What part of abstain from blood don't you understand?"

Publisher: "No, I'm talking about fractions."

Average elder: "I repeat, what part of abstain from blood ..."

Usually winds up, "Are you questioning God's organization?"

Liaison committee member:

"Blood is bad. It's the kiss of death. As to your question, just read this pretty literature."

Maximus

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Max and waiting,

I won't be able to check my Email system until Monday due to computer problems and other things.

I apologize in advance if you don't see any response from me today, tomorrow or Sunday. I assure both of you I am in the process of gathering all of my articles together. I will incorportate your comments in the letter and it should be ready to be sent by Monday or Tuesday - priority mail of course.

Maximus I noticed you locked your Email again. More idiots???

I will be having a coffee with my HLC member who lives behind me this weekend (I am not kidding either). Of course, I don't bring the subject up but something could slip .........

Oh to top it off there are some JWs coming back from Africa that will be there too. Just what to those mercinaries(sp?) do in Africa? Sell magazines and educate on the truth? Do they feed the poor?

hawk

• Maximus
    Maximus

Locked mail: Combination of hate stuff that whistle-blowers get ... will blow over. What has surprised me, though, is the considerable amount of mail from lurkers over my thread on JW Kids Leaving the Org, some with material they want me to send to Brooklyn! Does that tell a story or what? I do answer everyone and try to provide whatever assistance I can. I'm going to have to curtail that.

Ask the African folks what they think about the Society's stringent cost-cutting policy has done to the African branches, even to affecting the quality of food. Feed the poor? Surely you jest.

Thanks again for all the exhaustive (must be exhausting too) research you have done and continue to do.

Maximus

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Max,

considerable amount of mail from lurkers over my thread on JW Kids Leaving the Org, some with material they want me to send to Brooklyn!

It's amazing when still in the org., or still having doubts, that jw's think "if only this information reaches the right brothers" at Bethel - changes will happen. I guess because we want so desperately to believe what we've always believed.

Too bad we founded our beliefs on a faulty foundation.

waiting

ps It seems to me that whistle-blowers take the most chances and are the more courageous of humans, don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit