I am hunting for the Truth...

by PinTail 27 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

I am still hunting for spiritual truth in some form, heavens sake I am even considering checking out the Mormons (morons). Anyone have a suggestion for a religion to pacify my natural human longing for acceptance (and or) this or that, you know what I mean?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Pin, I seem to be pretty burnt out when it comes to religion, but if its spirituality you need, I would suggest putting aside religion and simply praying to God. Christianity is not a movement, its a person(John 14:6), go to that person in prayer and ask him to fulfil you're spiritual need. Now, if its not christianity you want, then go where-ever it is you feel drawn. I understand the anxiety, it paralysed me for a while, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I think it all begins to shine through when we let go of all our preconceived ideas and just pray. Of course, others would disagree....

Brummie

• PinTail
    PinTail

Thanks Brummey your alright.

Shane

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I think all one-and-only-truth type religions ultimately seem to make you feel bad about yourself.

They may initially accept you as a convert, but that?s just to get you. I?m sure no one feels true acceptance in these organizations.

I don?t think I can join another religion, just looking forward to getting an understanding about God from my own endeavours.

You?re not really serious about joining the Mormons are you? They seem just like JW?s but with more conservative haircuts. Nothing worse IMO.

• PinTail
    PinTail

No I don't really want to join, I live a small town where there is a Mormon temple and it looks so nice besides they have nice lights at Chritsmas.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Thanks Brummey your alright.

You're alright too Pin, and I want to tell you "Its ALL going to be alright", I sure needed someone to tell me that when I was where you are at right now.

You take care, its ALL going to work out.

Brummie

• PinTail
    PinTail

Brummey you made my nose burn and eyes water, what a kind hearted soul you are. Thanks again.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Peppermint:

They may initially accept you as a convert, but that?s just to get you. I?m sure no one feels true acceptance in these organizations.

Phewee, that's cynicall!
    That would be on a par with me saying that all women are biatches, because of the way my wife treated me...

As one who has felt acceptance by all sorts of people, organizations, and denominations, I would have to question your statement. I get an opportunity to talk to all sorts of religious groups, where it's plain that I'm not going to join them. That doesn't change their actions or acceptance one bit.

Maybe your experience has been different, in these circumstances (((hugs)))

Pintail:

Brummey you made my nose burn and eyes water, what a kind hearted soul you are.

That would be the cat fluff. DO you suffer allergies?
    LOL
    Only kidding. Brummie gave some pretty sound advice, IMHO.

Good luck on the journey of self-exploration!

• PinTail
    PinTail

Thanks Peppermint. As you can see I can't sleep its 4:38 AM a lot of that has to do from my head injury and depression, I hate it.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Little toe.

I take your point in general, but I Was talking about belief systems that believe only they have the truth. You don?t get accepted in these places unless you agree to suspend you own intellect and be assimilated.

I have a lot of time for conservative religions that have an all-inclusive type of faith, the type we were taught to hate as JW?s. I recently looked into the Quakers and they seem cool, but organized religion is not for me at the moment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit