What was your turning point?

by jeanniebeanz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

What was it that was the real eye opener for you?

For me, it was after watching the video, "Jehovah's Witnesses; A Non-Prophet Organization," and the point on how the Org puts itself in a place between Jesus and mankind. A position which does not exist scripturally. After that, it was all much easier to let it go.

Jean

• missy04
    missy04

Their man-made rules....

and finding JWD

and when the CO's wife asked me "Have you considered getting baptized next summer?".....was thinkin..."Oh my God I'm outta here."

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I think what did it for me was when the elders started following me trying to catch me doing something wrong. They would just happen to show up wherever I was! That was creepy enough to make me want to stop going to meetings. Then I found the internet...and the rest is history.

• tonyend
    tonyend

For me it was the blood issue. Then reading Crisis of Conscience. Lastly, this board.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Child abuse cases and their cover ups.

Puternut

• glitter
    glitter

Finding out about child abuse scandal.

About a week later I found here and read and read.

• Dansk
    Dansk

The lie over 607 BCE being the date for the destruction of Jerusalem. Once I uncovered that lie I found lots more. But 607 BCE was significant because once I knew that date was wrong it meant 1914 was a lie, also. This meant that the governing body wasn't who they said they were. They weren't inspired by God at all. Another lie.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

607 B.S and blood issue.

• garybuss
    garybuss

There were so many disconfirmations and discouraging experiences with the Witness people it was impossible for me to want to go to the effort of associating with them. I had one Witnesses pioneer walk up to me at meetings and extend his hand like he was going to shake my hand and instead of shaking my hand he flipped my shirt collar out of my shirt and said, "Where's your tie?", and then just walk away.

Two attendants working for Duane Matz at a district assembly in Bismarck North Dakota belly pushed me and my 3 year old son away from a working stocked vending machine with a "Out Of Order" hand lettered sign taped over it.

Dwight Harsh in Sioux Falls South Dakota East Unit called me into a back room and told me I needed to wear a neck tie to group meetings or I could not be microphone boy.

At a district assembly in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in the old Coliseum talked about the failure of 1975 and he said, "Brothers, if you heard it you did not hear it here!".

A Witness going door to door from the West Unit in Sioux Falls, South Dakota by the name of Seubert, called on a man I worked with and told him I was a bad Witness.

The Witness people made it easy to not want to associate with them any more. They were mean and condescending. The absolute failure of every single thing they ever told me in my entire life made it impossible to believe anything they said or wrote. I have found their dishonesty level when dealing with their failures appalling. I'm ashamed to ever have been associated with them.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Mine goes back a while (my OWN thoughts) - stumbling on this website is like a ''Revelation'' (is that trademarked?) - am so pleased - will tell MY story in due course under MY name!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit