Vacation Ideas

by StinkyPantz 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Best vacation place Maui, Hawaii !!

Puternut

• frozen one
    frozen one

You didn't mention budget or how much time you have, but a great place to visit for museums and architecture is Washington DC. The Smithsonian, the Capital, the White House, all the memorials and monuments, Arlington...the list is endless. Washington has a great subway system and is easy to get around. The train system is really good in that part of the country if you decide you want to go to Baltimore, Philly or NYC. If you go, contact your Senators and/or Representative offices to get passes or tickets for events that are going on while you are there. Go see how they spend your money.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It's always been a dream of mine to visit the Smithsonian..

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOVE Mackinaw Island. One of my favorite islands to visit. A must see in the summer time.

I'll keep ya posted about the apostacruise. Thinking about the first week in December. (After hurricane season and before the big fares)

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Our favorite is the FL Keys. We rent a private home on Summerland key that is direct water front, ocean side. Dock, in-ground pool, hot tub, decks... very private and surounded by lush vegetation. It's only about 20 miles from Key West so you are close to the partying but yet you still have a very romantic place to stay right down the road. We always keep a rented boat at the dock.

We also rented a small beach cottage on Boca Grande for a week....that was also fantastic.

I really prefer private homes over anything else. Prices are very comparable to the nicer hotels and even less in a lot of cases. You need nothing but clothes and food. Everything else is provided, right down to Saran wrap and laundry detergent. If you figure in the cost of eating out for all your meals it makes it even more affordable. For a family with kids, the cost in food alone can be substantial.

The last time we went to the keys, the house I metioned cost us $1500 per week. It also is a 2 story house with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths so 2 or 3 couples could have an awesome vacation for cheap.

I'm not saying to rent this house, but if you do a search on the web for vacation rental homes you will find something anywhere you want to go. For us, it's the only way to go. Everywhere we vacation we rent private homes.

My idea of the ultimate Apostafest would be to rent a private island off the coast of Key West. I could get us one with multiple cottages and/or a main lodge. Maybe we could all then pose for a group photo and send it to the society to show them that we made it to "paradise on earth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit