When It Snows, It's an Avalanche!

by outnfree 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• outnfree
    outnfree

As if I wasn't already completely stressed out about my daughter's upcoming brain surgery, not to mention being executrix of my mother's estate (and she left a lot of debt), I just learned the day before yesterday that my father-in-law has colon cancer, and now today...

Today I learned that my 35 year old nephew, my deceased sister's only living son, is suffering from congestive heart failure. The cardiologists have told him he only has 10% function left. They cannot even perform a catheterization to see whether or where arteries are blocked or valves are diseased. It looks like he is facing death, and soon. He is 700 miles away from me and so is his daughter who was my ward for 7 years. I truly don't know how I am supposed to cope with all of this.

Feeling very sorry for herself,

outnfree

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Brenda))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

omg, gal, I don't know how you are going to cope. But just one day at a time, one moment at a time, one foot in front of the other and breathe.

All I have are hugs for you. Please take care of yourself in all this.

Hugs,

Joy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shoot - words fail me, at hearing that litany!
    (((Brenda)))

• blondie
    blondie

Some hope, outnfree. My hubby was in the hospital almost 2 years ago being told he had only 15% function, no operation could fix it. Now he has 45%, thanks to meds, diet, and exercise. So it ain't over yet.

Love, Blondie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Brenda)))))))))

Those things in and of themselves are burdensome, but the one-two-three punches are even more difficult. I'm so sorry to hear you're getting so much thrown at you at one time. You're a strong person. It may not feel like it, but I'm sure taking it one step at a time will make it workable. BTW - it's not about getting through these struggles gracefully...it's about getting through the struggles. Just remember...you only have to worry about what's in your control.

Love to you,

Andi

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear that all these things are happening to your family, Brenda. I wish I had words that would fix everything, but I really don't. I'm speechless. ((((Brenda and all your family))))

Hubert

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks for the replies... I truly am so sad. My nephew has lived a pretty joyless life, a lot of it due to his own dumb choices. While his mother died at 43 of heart problems, so this may be a genetic predisposition, he likely exacerbated the problem by doing drugs on and off for the past 12 years or so. He's been a worry and a burdensome relative for a long time, but I keep thinking about the little boy who held so much promise and I'd like to wipe the slate clean and ask God for a "do over" for him.

Blondie, it's because I know he hasn't taken care of himself at all that I'm worried that this is the end. And he really has little reason to fight. He's basically a homeless ex-con who can't keep a job when he manages to get one. He's been spiraling downward for years, relying on the goodness of his ex-wife and friends, after he went through the insurance money his mother left him.

Andi -- Thanks for the reminder that I don't have to get through this gracefully, because I'm not, that's for sure!

LT and Joy -- One moment at a time sounds good. Going off to breathe and ground myself now...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((Brenda)))))))

Helpless love is all that anyone of us has to give under such circumstances.

Thinking of you and your family.

Didier

• Special K
    Special K

What a lot of things going on with the health of your family.

Seems like a sort of "health snow storm".

Try to take things just one step at a time. I know, i know that's hard sometimes.

You will get through all this even though emotional rollercoasters are hard to ride.

hugs

Special K

• bem
    bem

It is overwhelming when things "pile" up on us. sorry to hear your going through so much.

Dorothy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit