Did anyone enjoy singing the Kingdom Melodies?

by Kimmee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

I liked doing piano revisions of several songs, to a boogie.

Russ Kurzin thought they were cool, too.

I wonder what ever happened to that Steinway in the Brooklyn KH?

• Valis
    Valis
    liked doing piano revisions of several songs, to a boogie.

Ya like "We are Jehovah's Onanisms" to a bugle boy beat...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

If I'm honest, I can't recall liking ANY Kingdom song - and I always felt that no one enjoyed singing them. I do, however, like some of the hymns sung in Church!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Sure sound like regular ol' hymns to me! (I listened to the non-English versions, so I'm just reacting to what they sound like.)

• d
    d

Kiss the son lest be angry was pretty funny. The song life without end at last was okay.But everything else I really could do without.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I loved the Kingdom songs. Really.

"Responding to God's Love" - I loved the melody, and still do.
    "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize" was another favourite.

Apparently when I was born my mum sang "Jehovah Is My Shepherd"

I still play the Kingdom Melodies on my computer, it helps me do the housework!

• prologos
    prologos

I liked many of the old ones. David Splaine's new crop have too many minor key melodies, that want you to leave,-- right there and then,-- or crawl under your seat.

Much of the greatest music written EVER was DIVINE, music to gladly die by, -- new WT's with a small d. go to smallest font size.

if the downward trend of WT music continues, it will be a funeral march.

sorry, ---forgot, there will be no funeral for a certain CLASS.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There was a Brother who used to play the Piano at our Hall and put a little of his own flair into them. He used to put a "western" spin on the song "Myriads and Myriads of Brothers" adding a few base notes at the end of each verse so that it sounded like it came out of and old western movie and conjered up images of some old cowboy clip clopping along on his old hores as the sun slowly set in the west.

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again"

There were a number of horse loving sisters in the congregation who would bend their knees up and down in time to the music in an imitation of someone riding a horse and from the back rows, you could see their heads bobbing up and down as if they were in the saddle. There would be lots of giggling because everyone recognized what they were doing. It was all very harmless but was put a stop to when the new "hangin" Circuit Overseer came into Dodge City.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit