Do you really hate JWs?..... or is it the WT??

by ScoobySnax 30 Replies latest jw friends

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Jehovahs Witnesses and the WTS are separate as they themselves will be the first to point out. They don't want their valuable publishing company put at risk by some cooky religion and zany beliefs ...

Can you elaborate on that one? I've not heard that before. How are the JW's seperate from the WTS. I thought the idea was that they got their guidance and their 'beleifs' directly from WTS. Now they're seperate?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I don't hate people, its the things they do that I despise. I have hadgood friends in the org.and have had people I wouldn't associate with because they were two faced, liars, hypocrites, gossippers. If I heard any say something against another person in the hall, then I chose not to associate with them. I felt if the gossip about others then they must gossip about me. No thanks. I have been down that road and gossip only destroys people. When your a JW for as many years as I was, you see what some witnesses are made of. Like I said I had many good friends. But when you see those who are in places of responsiblity and they hurt you I found it increasingly difficult to be friends with them. I use to search out genuine person in the KH. Like Valis said it is indeed a waste of good energy to hate.

As for the WTS governing body well that is something different. The fact they have lied and covered up so many things I find myself hating the things they have done to so many lives . In fact they are blood guilty . They have caused persons deaths, they keep secrets of pedophilia and homosexuality hidden in there own Bethel. They have to answer to God not to me. If it was me and I was judging them then they wouldn't stand a chance in hell. They are the biggest hypocrites of all. They have added and taken away from the word of God for there own advantage.

Post note: I have nothing against anyones sexual oreintation, but when they lie about it and give pretense that it doesn't exist among their own leaders then they are hypocrites. They are what Jesus said in his parables, white washed graves on the outside, but inside are full of dead bones.

Orangefatcat

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

it's hard to differentiate the people from the org sometimes..but then i read that people here who i think are nice have relatives still in, and they must be nice since the posters are nice... so i guess i hate the society but not the people.

Post note: I have nothing against anyones sexual oreintation, but when they lie about it and give pretense that it doesn't exist among their own leaders then they are hypocrites.
    i hate that too. hypocrisy of any kind vexes me...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not like the WTBTS and the men in power who in my opinion are gutless - but I love Jehovahs Witnesses - many nice people - just misguided and misled that is all

• PinTail
    PinTail

It is drawn when the average witness cannot say in their rational mind I will not do this or that because it is unreasonable and just bothers my god given conscious. When a witness can not or will not have the courage to say NO when situations arise of this nature its then they better back off NOW, and maybe seek professional help. Shane

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

As Fr. BabyFace, I don't hate.

I do, however, have a strong, verbal, opinionated dislike for those who corrupt and abuse power. That goes for the WBTS, and many of the JW's who have found the niche of abuse. That goes for the Catholic Church and those in a position of power who have abused it. (However, believe it or not, I like this Pope). That goes for our current President and his cabinet. ad nauseum.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I dislike any person OR organization that deliberately hurt others. This religion does just that, and, there are people who follow everything they do, and then there are some who are genuinly good people.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    don't think any JW hates you for being an apostate

I think this is correct. However, they do "pity" us because we've "heard" the Truth (tm) and have rejected it. They are also very afraid of us because we have apostate kooties, and they just might get them.

• chappy
    chappy
    don't think any JW hates you for being an apostate

any JW? Believe me, there are JW's who hate apostates with a vengence! Certainly not all of them, but the haters are there.

chappy

• garybuss
    garybuss

?THE GODLY QUALITY OF HATE?
    (The Watchtower, July 15, 1974, p. 442)

· ?You have seen the benefit of godly love, but do you know how to hate? ? These very strong words are an expression of godly hate, (small ?g? god theirs) and you too must have this quality to be pleasing to God. Hate causes a feeling of disgust to well up inside you. You loathe, abhor, despise the object of your hatred. Godly hatred never has as its object our Christian brothers, no matter how imperfect?
    (The Watchtower; July 15, 1974 p.442)

· ?Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah?s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah?s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they ?feel a loathing? toward those who have made themselves God?s enemies,??
    (The Watchtower October 1, 1993 p.19)

· ?Jehovah?s Witnesses Make Hate A Religion? (Saturday Evening Post Sept. 14, 1940 p.18)

· ?WILL HATRED EVER END? ?And even though it may be unreasonable, or ?crazy,? the hatred is often directed against a whole group? (The Watchtower June 15, 1995 p.3)

· ?The doctrines of the Roman Catholic ?Hierarchy of Jurisdiction? and the pratices in which that organization indulges show that she is the chief servant of the Devil and the arch enemy of God.???From all the evidence the conclusion is irresistible that the Roman Catholic Hierarchy organization serves the Devil and is therefore the enemy of God, the enemy of man, and the very personification of unrighteousness.? (Enemies WTB&TS 1937 J.F. Rutherford p.286)

· ?CATHOLIC RELIGION DEMONISM? (Religion, WTB&TS 1940, J.F. Rutherford, p.55)

· ?Martyred by martyrs, Dennis Ryan?s head was bashed by Witnesses? canes in a riot at their (Witnesses?) anti-Catholic rally.? (Caption under photo of battered Ryan with bandaged head)
    (Saturday Evening Post Sept. 14, 1940)

· ?There is a difference, however between hating the wrong and hating the person who commits the wrong.?
    (The Watchtower, June 15, 1995, p.7)

· ??in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked?.Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah,?
    (The Watchtower July, 15, 1961, p.420)

· ?We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as lothsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth.?

· 12 ?What do you do with anything loathsome or repugnant that you detest and abhor? The answer is simple. You get away from it or remove it from your presence. You do not want to have anything at all to do with it. This must be exactly our attitude toward the haters of Jehovah.?
    (The Watchtower October 1, 1952, p.599)

· ?Yes, the international society of Jehovah?s Witnesses is living proof that hatred can be abolished.? ?It is a foreglimpse of a worldwide program to eliminate hatred and it?s causes.?
    (The Watchtower, June 15, 1995, p.8)

· ?More than that, we want to hate those who willfully show themselves haters of Jehovah, haters of what is good.?
    (The Watchtower June 15, 1980, p.8)

· ?Obviously God hates evil things, and his servants rightly hate them too.?
    (Awake June 22, 1984, p.5)

· ?15 Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and you know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him.?
    (1 JOHN 3:15 The New World Translation by WTB&TS)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit