We're Studying The Daniel Book........ Again!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    But it's a good thing we're going through the book again as we will have it confirmed that the League of Nations, succeeded by the United Nations, is the "disgusting thing."

Again !!!!

• blondie
    blondie

*** dp chap. 15 pp. 267-269 The Rival Kings Enter the 20th Century ***

?THE

DISGUSTING THING IS PUT IN PLACE?

When the end of the second world war was in sight, another development occurred, just as God?s angel had foretold. "They will certainly put in place the disgusting thing that is causing desolation." (Daniel 11:31b) Jesus had also spoken of "the disgusting thing." In the first century, it proved to be the Roman army that came to Jerusalem in 66 C.E. to put down Jewish rebellion.?Matthew 24:15; Daniel 9:27.

What "disgusting thing" has been "put in place" in modern times? Apparently, it is a "disgusting" counterfeit of God?s Kingdom. This was the League of Nations, the scarlet-colored wild beast that went into the abyss, or ceased to exist as a world-peace organization, when World War II erupted. (Revelation 17:8) "The wild beast," however, was "to ascend out of the abyss." This it did when the United Nations, with 50 member nations including the former Soviet Union, was established on October 24, 1945. Thus "the disgusting thing" foretold by the angel?the United Nations?was put in place.

*** dp chap. 16 pp. 281-282 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***

Consider what the book of Revelation has to say about the end of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. Before "the war of the great day of God the Almighty," Armageddon, this great enemy of true worship "will be completely burned with fire." (Revelation 16:14, 16; 18:2-8) Her destruction is foreshadowed by the pouring out of the sixth bowl of God?s wrath on the symbolic river Euphrates. The river is dried up so that "the way might be prepared for the kings from the rising of the sun." (Revelation 16:12) Who are these kings? None other than Jehovah God and Jesus Christ!?Compare Isaiah 41:2; 46:10, 11.

The destruction of Babylon the Great is graphically described in the book of Revelation, which states: "The ten horns that you saw [the kings ruling in the time of the end], and the wild beast [the United Nations], these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:16) Why will the rulers destroy Babylon the Great? Because ?God puts it into their hearts to carry out his thought.? (Revelation 17:17) Included among these rulers is the king of the north. What he hears "out of the sunrising" may well refer to this act of Jehovah, when he puts it into the hearts of human leaders to annihilate the great religious harlot.
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I actually enjoyed certain sections - it has some good history about Alexander and Xenophon and others in places - apart for the sill bit about the two holy places between two WT articles published in 1938 brilliantly exposed by Farkel - I enjoyed this publication

• Neo
    Neo

Here's is the book cover, for those who haven't seen it:

alt

DANIELThe Watchtower's Egocentric View

The Watchtower Society's 1999 book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy! opens with a chapter titled "The Book of Daniel and You," but a more appropriate title would be "The Book of Daniel and US" -- because the organization sees those prophecies as fulfilled in itself.

It asserts that the ancient Jewish prophet Daniel foretold specifically when the Watchtower corporation's Board of Directors would be jailed, and when they would be freed. Also, when certain organizational conventions would be held, and when certain articles would appear in Watchtower publications.

(From David Reed's Comments from the Friends)

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I wasn't in when they started studying this book but i know they have studied it several times

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I think this is only the second time in English. Many printings in other languages have come out since 2000 so it may be an attempt to study this material in those languages for the first time.

*** km 3/00 p. 8 Studying Daniel?s Prophecy

1 Beginning the week of April 17, we will study Pay Attention to Daniel?s Prophecy! in the Congregation Book Study. Many have already read this fascinating book, but now we have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits that come from a group discussion of the material. All publishers, interested ones, and children are invited, yes, encouraged, to be present each week for this in-depth study of the Bible book of Daniel.?Deut. 31:12, 13.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

You know traditional book clubs meet and pick apart books and spend hours on one book... NOT YEARS... I mean seriously, how DEEP is the book that you need to study it every single week and go over it again and again and again?

If you're too stupid to get the point the first time, then you need to give up. It's clearly the repetition tactic.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The vast majority of DUBS really struggled with this book and one or two are already compalining about doing it again because the yfound all the history so hard

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the dubs really hated this one. I have heard groans already too.

Conductor BrotherNeverPrepares: Brothers and sisters, we again have the privilege of studying the book of Daniel. I encourage all of you to pre-study and look up all the scriptures.

Brother ReadsSlowHardWordsScareHim will be our reader tonight.

Attending:

Sister ReadsFromTheParagraph

Her husband: Brother ReadsSlow

Sister Never Answers

Sister StrugglingWith3ChildrenButWillReadAScripture

her children

Little Brother PicksHisNosePinchesHisSister (only answers Jehovah or Jesus)

Little Sister CantSitInHerChair (sometimes known as Little Sister FrequentlyBottomSpanked)

Little Brother YellsDuringMeting

Sister AnswersByRearrangingWordsInParagraph

her husband

Brother ResearchesTheInsightBookAnswers

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL Blondie - you do not know just how near the truth you are in the types that attend the bookstudy that I attend sometimes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit