Watchtower Observer site goes down

by Norm 149 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Acts 5:38,39-

$1,000.00 per month doesn't seem like much. Come on "apostates", loosen up those purse strings!

This kind of debunks the whole "Satanic" backing concept. Surely "god of this system of things", can cough up 1K a month? Of course the Dub's would say this is evidence of "not" having J's "blessing". Either way we can pput an end to any speculation by just coughing up the cash, if we really value sites like this. Or perhaps there are more cost effective ways to do this.

Like CTR once said, maybe this is a "thinning of the ranks, but a strengthening of the body".

u/d

• melmac
    melmac

Maybe he can reformulate the site? Or does all the material depend on such software?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kent was like the 007 of the apostate world, the 007 when sean connery was bond. I remember when he got the entire elder school sessions in mp3 audio format. Somebody must have gone in w a cellphone turned on.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

He needs to go somewhere else to have the site hosted. There are plenty of places he can go...I know it is a pain in the neck, but it can be done. $1000 does seem a bit much to me, when there are other services out there that will host it for between $10 and $99 a month, depending on what you need. Maybe Ken is just ready to move on, and this increase is just finally giving him the "sign" to do it.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

With that and quotes.watchtower receiving their cease and desist letter, the bOrg is on a rampage. Methinks the appropriate buttons have been pushed.

Ha! The Truth (tm) afraid of the truth.

Is this site next?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Can the information/formatting be ported (with reasonable effort) into another format that could be hosted more economically?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

bttt

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

heh, "007 of the apostate world"

• Pole
    Pole

How much would a web-development firm charge for moving the contents of the site to another (free) platform (like php/mysql, etc)?

Pole

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

im suprised the wtbs could spare the lawyers .. they're all busy defending the molesters i thought.

jerks

but on the bright side..the internet is a big place.. i'm sure theres room for the observer on it somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit