Jehovah's Witness family wanted for "Trading Spouses"

by Dogpatch 48 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've thought for a while now that a reality show with JWs would be great. But of course the WTS would put a stop to anything that would put them in a less than flattering light. I mean the name of the show itself would scare them away.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

They (JW) would never go for this. There is another show like this on another channel called "Wife Swap" that was specifically mentioned by name with it's negative connotation at the district assembly in College Station last year.

The clear implication was that if you as a JW were to participate in any activity of this type, as benign as it may be, you would be classified as a filthy worldly and summarily sanctioned.

• Golf
    Golf

My wife and I have watched a couple of episodes of 'Wife Swapping.' I wouldn't know if its the same as 'Trading Spouses,' however, it's very interesting. They swap wives & families for two weeks and it's revealing.

This 'Trading Spouses' may be just among the religious couples and not like the show 'Wife swapping.' Need more info.

Guest77

• Quotes
    Quotes

I applaud the Fox casting director, this could be a very interesting episode.

Of course, if they have the mind for conflict (conflict = ratings) I think they have, they will deliberately swap the JW family with THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE of JWs (I leave as an exercise for the student to determine just what is the complete opposite: Catholic? Athiest? Wiccan? Humanist? Maybe just "rational"???)

BTW, this reminds me of an elder saying, from the platform, many years ago, long before anyone heard of reality TV: "... And we've ALL heard SO MUCH about WIFE SWAPPING these DAYS"

To which my younger brother (about 12 years old), sitting next to me, replied (loud enough for everyone in the Hall to hear): "NO, no we haven't" (with a "what-the-hell-is-this-guy-talking-about, who-is-he-hanging-out-with" tone of voice). I still chuckle when I think of that.

~Quotes, of the "chores swapping" class

• sf
    sf

I watched the episode with the mom and dad who had two teenage sons that were all sleeping in one room and had virtually no furniture in their home.

I thought, wouldn't it be a hoot if they got a jw family to agree to trade their spouses!

But of course, it's hard to imagine it actually happening.

Yet, we could get some people from here to role-play and could very well pull it off.

Now THAT would be a great witness to the world about what the lives of jw kids really live.

sKally

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, if you're putting on a freak show, you might as well get real freaks.

Actually, I can't imagine this even functioning. Would the new family have to go to meetings?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't watch this show, but for this, I would make an exception.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Of course, if they have the mind for conflict (conflict = ratings) I think they have, they will deliberately swap the JW family with THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE of JWs (I leave as an exercise for the student to determine just what is the complete opposite: Catholic? Athiest? Wiccan? Humanist? Maybe just "rational"???)

I think it would be funnier to have someone who's exactly the same like a Mormon or fundamentalist Christian. Then, when they're trying to explain their beliefs to each other, they'd both seem ridiculous. "What, you pass the bread and wine but don't partake?" "Well, you wear holy underwear." And so on.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh no, I want them to trade with the Wiccan and see the rank and file JW mom go to a pagan ritual! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFL

Sherry

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ummm, wait a minute, Cat Wegner was one of the foreign ladies on Joe Millionaire, season 2 (An International Affair):

http://millionaire.foxkansas.com/popbio.aspx?cid=29049241-29AA-49E6-88A9-EF23583B870E
    http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-230653

And she works for FOX?

What did they do....give her a job as their casting assistant?

A little strange....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit