My Phone Conversation With Watchtower on Tsunami Disaster!

by Voyager 52 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The truth is---------rmageddon to a Witness is much worse than an earthquake or tidal wave. Besides, these people at least have a chance for a ressurection.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Several years ago when the province of Quebec had terrible flooding the WTS asked for help from congregations in other parts of the Canadian provinces. We live in Ontario and so my mother gave to the Society 10,000.00 dollars for the brothers.

Me I couldn't get a dime from my mom or dad if my life depended upon it. That peeved me so much because at the time my own family was suffering terriblely, and my mom showed her true colours.

In fact my mother told my ex at the time to go to the brothers in our own hall. And in our own hall they laughed at us. We had to turn to religious groups that thank God are not judgemental and gladly assissted us in many ways and in fact they even gave to us at Christmas time gifts and food. The brothers were appauled , but what the heck they didn't want to help us out until my ex got back on his feet. What Hypocrisy. I remember my sister condemning us for excepting help from the churches, but what did she think we could do starve? Her husband has a multi million dollar business and even he wasn't going to help us out either. I couldn't believe it . If the shoe had been on the other foot we would gladly have not asked questions and give freely with thinking twice about it. In fact when there was a time I had extra money I was able to help out poorer families and never ever expected anything back. It was a gift.

Once a poor family in our hall was desperate for help and the cong. wouldn't help them out as the cong, elders felt that the husband was a little lazy and wasn't trying hard enough to get a job to support his family. That was a bunch of hog wash as I know that he tried everyday for a job and many times I would drive him to job interviews. They couldn't help it if they were poor, they didn't choose to be that way. It was coming around to the summer convention and they needed money to get to the convention so we had extra and I was all prepared to give them 300.$ and my dad an { elder} told me if I gave them a dime I was contributin;g to their laziness. I was so mad you couldn't imagine. My father said if I give them a dime he would see to it that I would be disfellowshipped. My dad always wanted to see me disfellowshipped and he was looking for any reason to do it. He was some cruel man. But a goodie two shoes to everyone else. And i dispised him for that. Anyway back to my story, this couple and their family did get t o the convention as the wife called her unbelieving mother and asked to borrow the money. She gladly gave it to them. I told my friennds that my father has threatened me with disfellowshipping if i gave them a dime. I felt so terrible in my heart. But this family knew that I was there for them but the cong . wasn't . And just one more thing, one day they had no food i n their home to feed the kids so I prepared a food hamper for them and left it at their door and this way they didn't feel embarrassed and then I approached the village grocery store,{ they were known for their kindness to those who were going through bad times} and they brought boxes of food to this family. When ever I could I would buy them food a;nd that way the congreagation couldn't do a damn thing to me. I think it was around this time that I began my downward spiral with the organizaation and my family.

I kind of went off the beaten track and I apologize for that.

I just thought I would share that story of how little the cong. and organization give a darn.

Orangefatcat

• barry
    barry

The fact is the WT doesnt have much in the way of infrastructure and would have to hand there money over to other organisations. So it would appear they are only going to help there own church people.

I remember a story a few years ago about a JW missionary in New Guinea who broke his arm. He had to take an SDA Church plane to get medical attention and thats OK but the thing that made news with some SDA church officials was his rudeness to the point of not even thanking the pilot or anyone else for the assistance he received at no cost to himself. My Dad is an SDA elder thats how I found out. Not a good witness for his church.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

why would any one who had a brain in their head give one red cent to an org. that will just keep the money for more towers and bull shit mags. you know they never give out any real help or assistance to those that need food clothes ect.

I watched a video from the socity that was not widly distributed with the old fart king. of the gb. in it he said some as why dubbers do not help in giving to the poor or disaster striken people of the world? He then answered his own question, "jw's can do nothing about the troubles of the people of the world, our job is to deliver the good new of the kingdom of jehovah."

That is all it is about, you give a dollar and it will go to printing so crap to pawn off on some lonely old person that would do better to get a cat or dog.

No good can come from giving a nickel to the dubbers.

• oldflame
    oldflame

A few years ago I lived in an area that suffered several wild fires. Many homes were lost and left many families without things like clothing, a place to live. They lost homes, cars and the means to survive. When I asked a witness about what they were doing to help those who were suffering I was told that the witnesses were only donating to those who were witnesses.

After finding that only a couple of families had suffered losses from the fires and that they were inundated with more donations that those couple of families needed, I then asked what they were going to do with all that was left over. I was told that it was going to the dump rather than donating it to all those other who suffered loss. Man I thought how selfish the witnesses are that instead of helping others and being the loving Christians they claimed to be were actually only loving to their own kind and to hell with all the other people.

With what I know about the teachings of the scriptures and the commands of Christ that loving thy neighbor was one of the top two laws given by Christ. Where do they apply these laws into their lives ? Only inside their own groups. What amazes me is that they actually think they are going to be saved by being selfish and crude to those in the world who are not of their own kind. That is so sad for so many who have been decieved by the watchtower.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Voyager,

First, you've got way too much time in your hands and need to get to working on the really important things in life.

Second, by now you must know clearly that the WTBTS will only take care of their own just fine for this and any other disaster. Their own is all they're concerned with.

Third and last, if you're truly interested in donating money, which is what I keep hearing the real benefit organizations need, then donate to the Red Cross. Also, you can go 'msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/?ta=y', then click on 'how to help the Tsunami victims' and you'll be on your way to providing some real help.

DY

• lynne
    lynne

So what are you, "Voyager" - some sort of Jehovah's Witness stalker? I envision you sitting in front of your computer stewing about all things Jehovah's Witness - related ....for hours and days ...- desperately hoping and looking for any opportunity to stalk those people - and their organization. Weird. FINALLY - A tsunami! An excuse to call! Hey, Voyager, here's an idea: why don't you go to church? Look around, find a church - and go to it. Surely attendance at any church is better than pining away for excuses and opportunities to bash Jehovah's witnesses - or anyone else. But I think it's just gotten to be such a problem you cant help it anymore, which is pathetic and pitiful. It would be laughable but the fact is that stalkers usually need professional help to get over obsessions like this. I would encourage you to get that help. That would be the sensible, practical thing to do.. But stop complaining - go on about your business - be on your way...get a life. Good luck.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    get a life

I always find it totally ironical when I hear someone with a JW mindset tell someone else to get a life!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Lynne. Welcome to the board. [edit].

Voyager. Interesting transcript. I missed this over the holidays. I notice from the thread that was started today, about the UK WT Web page, that they have an icon for Disaster Relief, but absolutely no information where it is to go to. Nothing specific, just donate to Disaster Relief. You could of course be "fooled" into thinking that was for the tsunami disaster, but who knows.

And of course as we have learned over the past few days, perhaps a handful of JWs killed, and no damage to KHs, just homes of JWs, so what the hell do they need any Disaster Relief for!

https://www.jwgift.org/main.asp?page=39

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I MUST SAY IT IS A BIT DISTURBING, TO LEARN THAT THE ONLY ORGANIZATION ON EARTH, THROUGH WHICH JEHOVAH AND THE HOLY SPIRIT OPERATE, HAS NO REAL ORGANIZED CHARITY CORPORATION AMIDST ALL OF ITS SEVERAL CORPORATIONS.

IT BECOMES CLEAR THAT THEY ONLY INTEND TO HELP THEIR MEMBERS AND THEIR PRECIOUS BUILDINGS.

IT IS HOWEVER VERY INTERESTING TO SEE THAT ALL THE SO CALLED RELIGIONS OF SATAN HAVE ESTABLISHED AND FUNCTIONING CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS. READY, WILLING, AND FUNDED TO PROVIDE HELP TO ALL.

REGARDLESS OF THEIR FAITH, ETHNICITY, OR LOCATION.

THEY WILL EVEN HELP THOSE OF A RELIGIOUS GROUP, THAT CONDEMNS THEM ALL.

I THINK "LYNNE'S STATEMENT AND ATTITUDE " EXPLAINS IT ALL.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit