WATCHTOWER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK!

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Dude, haven't picked one up in 2 years. Don't intend to start now. But it is kinda funny, isn't that considered worldly or something?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I think you will find what you're looking for at the following link:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=o6irpj.2.10

P.S. I don't know why this link is not working. Try typing in the url yourself. It doesn't appear to have an error when I try it.

• badboy
    badboy

Interesting in that have other religious groups done the same?

• badboy
    badboy

Interesting in that have other religious groups done the same?

• steve2
    steve2

The Awake! has been a copyrighted title for decades. I remember reading an article in the Awake! that described how an Adventist group somewhere in South America had tried to publish their own magazine with a title similar to the Awake! The matter went to court and the Watchtower won. I tend to agree with those who have said that it's no big deal if an organisation copyrights its "intellectual" property. It makes legal sense.

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is new thank you

• badboy
    badboy

Can someone use Watchtower as an alias?

• steve2
    steve2

Badboy asks "Can somebody use the Watchtower as an alias?" I don't know, but there's one way to find out Badboy: Try using it.

• POs Son
    POs Son

Do you suppose they can get a TM or R on "God". They are sure that they have the only TRUE God (TM). And, if you want proof, they will be glad to show you multiple references from the Bible (C), Watchtower (R), or one of dozens of self-referencing (TM), circular-reasoning literature.

The above terms, "God", "Watchtower", "Bible", and "self-referencing" are registered Copyrights, Trademarks, and Registered Trademarks of their respective owners.

C'mon folks,

The purpose of a trademark is to prevent a reasonable consumer from being confused as to the source of the goods or services for which the trademark/ service mark is applicable. If the WT didn't trademark its name, it seems rather likely to me that those they deem to adversely affect their fundraising efforts; i.e., most of us here on the board, would likely create their own "Watchtower" and fill it with information contrary to the interests of those who reap a financial reward from the misery of the millions of pigeons otherwise known as "the great crowd."

Slamming the Watchtower for obtaining a trademark is ridiculous and gives the WT ammo to attack the opposers as being unreasonable and irrational. There's plenty of good material to bash the WT over, including without limitation the horrendous plight of children subjected to the deviant lifestyle of this cult, the illogical ban on blood transfusions that has likely resulted in many deaths that could have been avoided, etc.. Let's not get caught up in slamming them for breathing, eating, and pooping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit