Songs that remember when

by TweetieBird 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

This is the third damn time I have tried to post this. I keep hitting the wrong button and losing it.

Anyway, sometimes I hear songs on the radio that bring back some really great memories of my childhood and teenage years. Despite being raised in the borg, I had a pretty good life. Mostly because I had a great father that insisted on me enjoying life and traveling as much as possible. My mother actually sent me to birthday parties as a child.

So, I thought it would be neat to find out songs that had an impact on your lives.

My top ten list is:
    1) Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
    2) Dust in the Wind (Kansas)
    3) Sweet Home Alabama (Lynard Skynard)
    4) Dream Weaver (Gary Wright)
    5) Magic Man (Heart)
    6) Southern Man (Neil Young)
    7) If (Bread)
    8) Hold the Line (Toto)
    9) Now and Then (Kenny Loggins)
    10) Benny and the Jets (Elton John)

There's a lot more, these are just some that stand out in my mind. Now you can probably guess what age range I'm in.

Tweetie

• LDH
    LDH

Tweetie,

I love all the songs you've listed. Hmm, I do have some favorites.

1. Ode to Bille Jo
    2. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
    3. Anything by Cat Stevens, esp Peace Train
    4. Cats in the Cradle
    5. Any disco song (ok don't shoot me)
    6. Any motown classic
    7. Any southern rock classic
    8. Any Billy Joel
    9. Hmm this is harder than I thought.
    10. Aerosmith
    11. Journey

My favorite radio station is 95.7 the Fox, classic rock. I love exposing my daughter to 'oldies.' She has the Remember the Titans soundtrack (nothing but oldies) and dammit, she loves that song Spill the Wine.

Let's see, she also has as a part of her CD collection, The Charlie Daniels Band Greatest Hits. I have given her permission to swear and say the 'bad words' when she is singing the songs (I think it's great she asked me).

Anyhow, if you are having a love jones for classic rock, I suggest you tune in to http://www.957thefox.com

And Logical, Bite Me. I have seen Def Leppard three times. They do NOT suck, ha ha.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

It is hard, cause I also love Motown, Cat Stevens, especially Aerosmith, Journey. I left out one of my all time favorite artist, James Taylor. I would go to a Kenny Loggins concert any day of the week. And I think Billy Joel is one of the most talented artists to hit the 20th century.

We should hang out sometime.

P.S. I don't get to listen to the radio much anymore, but in the mornings I have to wake up to Bob and Tom. They crack me up.

• LDH
    LDH

Tweetie I don't remember, are you in California?

I'm in Central Cali.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

No, I'm in Florida. I wish I were in California.

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

TweetieBird

Use Explorer instead of using Netscape, you don't lose your "masterpieces" this way. Or if you have to use Netscape, copy it before you hit the buttons. BugEye taught me this after I had more than one "hissy fit" from losing my stuff.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thanks, I will remember that.

Ooh, I just remembered. I left out the Doobie Brothers.

• alamb
    alamb

Journey is my favorite: Faithfully and Still They Ride
    Ever run into the situation when you find yourself humming a Kingdum Song?

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

alamb

Unfortunately, yes. Bit like humming a Christmas song when your a Witness. Can't get the damn thing out of your head.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

I love you guys, but your taste in music reminds me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince.

"You are here because the world as you know it no longer makes sense.
    You've been raised on television to believe we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars - but we won't.
    You pray for a different life." Tyler Durden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit