IF YOU ARE FADING?

by vitty 27 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

I've pretty much "faded" completely at this point, making it to the odd meeting here or there once or twice at most every 6 months or so (I don't bat an eye at the prospect of missing entire circuit overseer visits, etc.). For a while I was at the one or two meeting a month inactive level (I have not been out in field service for at least three years, nor bookstudy for two years. In fact, "my" bookstudy location of about 2 years just changed with me having never set foot in the place ever), but despite that relatively low level of activity, I was still given parts on the Theocratic Ministry School untill earlier this year when I decided to cut back even more to my current level.

So far the congregational elders have been bothering me far less than my parents. When I do show up, the elders generally say hi, that they're glad to see me, and hope that I'll be there again. My parents have realized that I lack interest in "the truth", but they don't push me about it really. On Sunday's my dad will ask me if I'm going to meeting, I'll say no, and he'll leave in peace after that .

At this point I wouldn't want to upset my family by missing the Memorial, so I'll certainly be attending it this year. It's just an hour out of my life, so it's no big deal. Plus it's always a little exciting to look around to see if anyones going to eat the memorial emblems .

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

No they won't disfellowship you for not attending a memorial. You know what is funny. They last meeting I went to was a memorial 3 years ago. I would NEVER go back. I only went to that one because I was trying to save face and fade w/o having a bad impact on my family. It didn't works they still shun us and we are not df'd or da'd. Unless they did and didn't tell us.

• phil78
    phil78

This will be our first missed memorial ever. We have family in the cong, who accept (i think) that we are taking time out to sort issues. No meeting for me for over 9 months, my wife 4 months. But to be sitting at home wile the memorial is on would be seen as herracy by the family. I am considering going on holiday, and the memorial unfortunately will fall in that week!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

On the memorial subject...

There is a scripture that says: For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the lord, until he arrives.

I had trouble with this. If he 'arrived' in 1914, why were we still memorializing his death?

Sorry to go off subject...

• justhuman
    justhuman

Don't afraid there is no d'f if you fade

• vitty
    vitty

Thanks for all your replies

Im definatly not going, I think ill make an excuse to my friend and postpone the visit.

I will have to take her to a hall, shes going on and on about visiting a hall while she here, I might say ours is at an assemble that week and take her to one outside our town, then when nobody acknowledges me she wont wonder why. If I take her to mine it will be all " oh how lovely to see you again, weve missed you, are you going to start making the meetings regularly now"

Then it will be cat out of bag

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I pretty much have faded completly now. And hell no, I ain't going to the memorial. I won't even step in a KH for a wedding, or a funeral for that matter. I've had it. Now I'm doing research about gnostic pagan rituals, there is one in particular which involves the passing around of the bread and wine (body & blood of Christ) and denying it by not eating or drinking. Sound familiar?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Don't know that I would want to lie to a friend.

Could you just tell that you have not been so regular in attending and really don't want to attend while she is visiting either?

Be honest and tell her that you don't want to talk about but also value her friendship and don't want your 'time out' to affect it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit