Just a thought-Has anyone ever wondered?

by redhotchilipepper 28 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Maybe if there is a God, that maybe he doesn't want us to know who he is? Maybe he only wants to know us through prayer. Maybe the bible is a hoax? Maybe he only wants to know each and every one of us intimately and privately? It's just a silly thought? I hope I won't be struck down by lightening for thinking it? I was curious to know if any others had thought similar things. I hope I haven't offended anyone, that's the last thing that I would ever want! I'm just thinking out loud on the forum, really. I haven't totally ruled out that the bible was legitimate. Just feeling things out, really? It's kind of an interesting time in my life! I look forward to your feedback! Positive and negative, it's all good!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Maybe God has been killed by an extra-terrestrial accident?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Maybe God is about creating life, and we are just supposed to live it and depend on each other and learn something during our lifetime. Maybe God wants people to be free and that's why on a daily basis God isn't "fixing" everything because that is the whole point of freedom.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Good points Pinky girl!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sometimes I heavily think there's a creator, but he/she/them/it doesn't care about his creation.

How else could you explain a Creator that sees so much suffering, injustice and dispair here on earth and does nothing to help; and for such a long time to sit, watch and do nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Maybe our souls were sent to earth to be human and understand human limitations of living in a skin suit, experience physical pain, emotions, etc, including the limitations of a human brain that cannot even come close to understanding who or what god is.

Just another thought.

Hugs

Bren

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Doubtfully Y- I often feel exactly the same sentiments as yours! It sickens me, really! If there is a creator, I just don't understand it! The Bible's reasoning just isn't good enough for me!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

People have to suffer in this day and age, not accept the so called truth and then die! That's a load of garbage. I'm sorry! Nobody can explain away that, that's justice! That's about as just as our judicial system today! Oh and man can't rule himself! How is God any better! Sorry, I don't see it!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I agree with DY, but my wife feels that this kind of reasoning is like a child waiting for something. The parent may be CAPABLE of providing what the child wants right now, but is instead choosing to delay for some reason that the child doesn't yet understand. When God fixes everything, or takes people to heaven, or whatever he's going to do, those that suffered will forget their sufferings and enjoy whatever eternal reward he has in mind for them.

I don't buy it, but I can't argue against it. It's essentially a "God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts" kind of argument, so no matter what you say, you'll get nowhere.

Not that I would want to argue that belief away from her. It makes her happy, and that's all that matters to me.

• logical
    logical

[quote]Maybe if there is a God, that maybe he doesn't want us to know who he is? Maybe he only wants to know us through prayer. Maybe the bible is a hoax? Maybe he only wants to know each and every one of us intimately and privately?[/quote] Thats basically it. Its up to each person to find their own spirituality, nobody has the right to teach others about spritual stuff and people have to find out their own way, for themselves. Religion is totally wrong and it is there to draw us away from that. Once you get past that you will see that its abuot living how YOU feel is the right way not how other people tell you. It makes me mad tho when I see all the evil and injustices going on in the world, and the evil prospering. There must be more to it all than this surely?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit