The JW's came to the door today and asked my son to go to meetings

by redhotchilipepper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Thank you so much for caring everyone! Your replys and advice mean so much to me! I am laughing my tushy off but taking the advice to heart at the same time. I plan to call my elder friend and be firm but friendly. I will inform you of the outcome in a few days. I'm not sure if I have his number anymore as I crumpled it up and threw it away the last time they left it. The next time they come I will be having a brief/friendly but firm discussion about my not going to the Kingdom Hall until I am good and Ready and not any sooner. SO BACK OFF BROTHERS!!!!!! OR THE CLAWS WILL COME OUT!!!!! LMAO in a serious way!!!!!! Are you feeling the vibes!!!!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Ex JW REDHEAD on a mission ,lookout!!!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Somehow that does not seem very moral to me that they are trying to lure him away or attempt to put a wedge between you and your 13 year old.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I personally have a minor aged son who still goes to meetings with his mother. It too pisses me off when the elders and others in the hall act like they have so much interest in him.

I am the father, and I feel as though it is up to me to help guide him in life, not these self appointed assholes in the congregations.

• cypher50
    cypher50

It seems extremely unethical for anyone to try and tell a minor to go against the wishes of their parent/guardian. Of course, JWs have this doctrine nailed into their head that equates witnessing with life-saving measures so they are happy to use tactless measures like encouraging disobedience to parents...

I can imagine how it would feel if I were a parent and someone who was Catholic or Muslim came to my door and told my children to ignore me and go to some house of worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit