what is the deal with xmas?....

by flower 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

(((((((((Tammy)))))))) Thanks, you said it all.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well my darling flower. I understand how distressing all the conplaints must sound. But as someone said above...Christmas is about Christ !!! & I find not too many think about HIM.

I stay at Christmas alone. I remember in prayer all the 10 people I made JWs ( one is dead-one is dying -she still shuns me) I find for me. It is the most peaceful time!! since everyone is busy & I get no calls- no complaints, etc.....PEACE ! Isnt that what the season is about.Well I must tell you love just look at that lovely little "Jadin" & say " How rich I am to be so blessed"

By the Way Tara has just come to stay the night, pains every 8 min apart. !!! She says we must leave for the hospital when they are 5 min apart. I AM NERVOUS!!!!!! LOL Sorry to complain Ha! ha! Say a prayer for her & ME!!!!! I am too old for this stress LOL

• flower
    flower

Holy cow Grace! Get the bags packed and get ready for the big event! I hope she has an easy delivery. Let me know as soon as you can how you guys are doing.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It is 4.23 a.m. been up since 2.30... plug out, but pains not 5 min apart. I called the hospital they said dont come till 5 min apart. Goodness! I dont know if I can go through all this stress flower. She is watching T.V. But once in a while says "holy crap" Oh!!! goodness only know what will come out of her mouth when the REAL pains start.....Will keep you inform Flower......(hug)

• flower
    flower

Boy what a night for you! I hope by now at least the contractions have gotten closer and you are at the hospital w/her. I'll assume no news is good news for a couple of days. ~~~~positive vibes~~~~

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

The spirit of Christmas...flower/mouthy...celebrating the blessed event of another precious child coming into the world.

It's about love.

I'm so enjoying watching the grandchildren because they are at different stages of what it all means...the oldest is learning about "there is no Santa", and is so happy to have gotten a gift for each family member. The middle one (boy, aged 6) could care less about any Santa or Jesus...he just wants to open presents now. The youngest (soon to be 4) is at that age of wonderment and delight over the whole experience.

I'm so very fortunate being a part of it all.

Just last night they had an opportunity for being on this tiny local television channel; sitting on Santa's lap telling him what they want for Christmas. Now what grandma couldn't be proud of that.

So I'm voting for the Love aspect that reflects in most people this time of year - especially this time of year. For those that complain...let them do something different next season. No one is obligated to do anything just because it's Christmas.

GL...gotta go get that breakfast started for hubby!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    seriously i just dont understand the thought process behind what people do at xmas and the holiday season. have you ever noticed how negative and stressed out people are?

Sounds like the way I am all year. It's just more pronounced around Christmas. Probably because I view most people as obstacles, and there are just too many of them on the roads, parking lots, and in the malls.

Walter

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think we appreciate the Christmas season more because we didn't have it. People around us have never been in a religious situation that demanded of them to view it as wrong. So we have a different perspective.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit