Decree of divorce?

by Brummie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

(( Brummie ))

A decree of divorce.. that is a term, if there ever was one. I asked on time half jokingly.. does this mean that someone in a tri-pointy hat.. rings a bell yelling, "Heeear YE HEAR YE...?" Why can you get a "It is done" and that is it. Short and to the point as, "I do".

X.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hi Brummie

If your Wife petitioned for Divorce at the end of August then yes,if the grounds were mutual,that would probably be your decree absolut being read out on the 8th december.Thats the quickie Divorce.

I presume you received a copy of the Decree Nicae first?Thats like the midway part of the Divorce.

Anyways,all the best to you Mate.

• Xena
    Xena

I remember when my divorce was finally final. Even though I knew it was coming....and we had both moved on...and we have remained friends....there was a hollow feeling in my stomach and a few tears shed for what was and what might have been if things had gone differently.

(((((((Brummie)))))))

• Balsam
    Balsam

I know different countries word things differently. I got a call from my attorney and he said "Your divorce is final today", and papers are in the mail, which arrived the same day. My ex called to see if the papers he got were the fianl ones. I told him yes and I sincerely hoped he could find happiness now. We were married 31 years. Had to be separated a full year. But from my standpoint when I walked out that door with my belongings that was it for me. No turning back ever, I was free of a marriage bad from day one.

Everyone has their stories, and each deal with ending marriages differently. The only thing I see people lacking the most is communication. I clearly told my ex-husband why I was leaving him and that I shared the blame as much as he did for its failure. I was done trying. He hated me for a while, but has been much better since he got married a year ago. He seems to love his new wife from all I've heard. I got married to my beloved current husand two years ago, we grew up together as children. And life has been extraordinary. Happiness I could never have imagined before.

Some marriages are just not meant to last. My parents were married 60 years and they didn't even love each other. Tolerated each other is all. 60 years of unhappiness. The both complained bitterly, but never divorced. I remember when my Dad was 78 years old he decided he would finally divorce Mom. And he meant it. But after all the things they had together and their failing health they just stayed. They were great people but stuck together out of mutual need too many years.

Personally getting a divorce from my children's father was the smartest thing I ever did. Your wife may feel the same way. But if you never talked then who knows how she interpted your moving out of the house. Silence is a sure way to kill an relationship.

Learn from the past and look to the future. Hope you find your way to happiness.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ok, thanks everyone who responded. My divorce was finalised on the 21st of Jan. I got the letter today, I am now officially divorced.

Brummie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

How ya feeling Brum?

(((hugs)))

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry my friend. I wish I was closer and I'd buy you a beer or three at your favourite pub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit