Marriage material in JW

by JustTickledPink 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

"Oh my god........that just strikes me as soooo funny......and typical! Did he try selling this shit to unsuspecting brothers and sisters? I can just see an entire congregation of orange people showing up at the meeting.......oh man, I can't stop laughing at this one......He sounds like a regular Donald Trump: ambitious, knowledgable, successful..........LMAO......."

Sell it? LOL...I don't think anyone wanted to look like him. :D Successful? He was nearing 40 and still lived with his parents. Does that tell you anything? Hee-hee!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The friend I said married when she was 25 and he was 40... well, he still lived with parents too!!!! I swear to god, he was 40 and his mommy did all the cooking and his laundry. Yeah, I'd stand in line to marry that guy! He was an elder though!

• Coqueton
    Coqueton

Its tough and slim pickins for all. Few good looking, fit sisters over 21. Then the next big group is the 40 something sisters twice divorced. Not much choice.

The girls have it rough too as most brothers can't hold a real job and have zero goals. They will be spending their golden years working at the golden arches.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i've posted this before but under a different name. ok here goes.

i was in my very early twenties and unbaptised...we all know what that means as far as finding a "good brother".

My mother gets it into her head to place an ad in one of those gossip mags (like weekly world news) pretending to be me, to find her daughter a nice brother.

She corresponds with the brother (i dont know for how long) and one day mother hands me a package, tells me to go over the contents, and let her know when i had finished. there were pictures of a man in a yellow shirt, red pants, suspenders, and a big beard - he looked like a scary lumberjack. there was a letter and one or two tapes.

shocked? you may ask, yes i was but actually not very surprised my mother would do something as crazy as this.

i read the letter, looked at the pictures, and listened to the tape. i even let my brother and his friend (nonjw) look over the stuff. we promptly agreed mother had lost her mind.

going over the letter and tapes i learned that my mother had invited this brother to attend our next summer convention so that we could get to know each other better.

i go to my mother and tell her i had went over everything in the package and she then tells me to write a letter and if i do i will get a new pair of open toe low pumps that i wanted from Nordstrom.

i write the letter. my mother didnt dictate what i should put in the letter so i decided to expose the lie to this brother and i tell him that it was not i who had been corresponding with him but my mother, i was not interested, and he should not come to visit me during the summer convention.

after i finished and posted the letter my mother asks if i had done what she wanted me to do. i said i did and i added that i had told the brother the truth and had told him not to come.

boy was she mad. but i got my shoes because i did what she asked and also my dad agreed.

i never bring this up to my parents, but maybe i should to understand what the hell they were thinking.

Mrs Jones

• undercover
    undercover

Not necessarily a marriage material response but this thread reminds me of the fox hunts at the assemblies when I was young.

When I was young, the guys outnumbered the girls by a good margin in our circuit. And of course at the hormonal age of 16 or so, you're not interested in marriage material, you're interested in eye candy. There just wasn't that many hotties when I was 16 or so(not that the hot girls would think of me as eye candy, lol).

The last assembly I went to (summer 03) it was unbelievable. Hotties everywhere. They outnumberd the young guys 3 to 1 easy. These girls weren't shy like they were when I was a kid either. Low cut blouses, short skirts, furtive glances at the boys as they walked by. They had it and they knew it and they used it.

The religion sucks but to be a young horny male in the JWs now is much better than when I was a kid.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I was an older single brother due to a divorce that happened at age 43. I didn’t look for a new wife for several years due to the circumstances I was in. I would like to mention though that several (married and single) sisters including one pioneer were willing to make my singleness a pleasurable experience. Being a man of good conscience I did not succumb and I did not tell.

Anyway, once my circumstances changed I began looking for a sister to marry. The sisters in my age group were either married, ugly or of a mental nature that would have made marriage to them a fate worse than death. So, I did the unthinkable and dated several sisters who were 15 – 20 years younger than me. Friends, there is a world of difference in perspective of what is important in life when you are talking about that kind of age difference. Fortunately I finally met a sister (don’t fault her for being a JW, please) seven years younger than me and we married. We have lived happily (more or less) ever since.

I suppose the moral of this story is that compatibility and true affection are (IMHO) the keys to a happy relationship.

FM

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I'd like to think that my future wife hasn't been born yet.

Bradley - you stay the H_ll away from my daughter!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

There definately wasn't much to choose from! The guys always outnumbered the girls and there was so much competition.

I fell madly in love with an elder's son when I was 18. We had plans to get married, but his parent's didn't like me (maybe because I would think for myself and voice my opinion? ). They forbid him to see me and then picked out another girl in his hall and told him he had to marry her. He did it!

Now I realize they did me a huge favor - at 18 I was too young to realize what a @$$ wipe wimp this guy was and that he would never be able to support me financially or emotionally. Funny - they think they saved their son's life and have no idea that they really saved mine.

PS - his marriage didn't last very long. So they found another woman for him to marry and she's twice his age. Weird!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

By us I'd say it was a pretty target rich enviroment for the guys, especially as the years went by.

Felt sorry for the sisters because there wasn't much for them to chose from.

Probably explains why so many single sisters took up work where the "need was greater"

• mustang
    mustang

"That's why I believe poligamy to be the solution." (quoting kwin)

Hmmm, OK, let?s go w/ that!!!!

?turn page... scripture, scripture, ?turn page?

Ahhh, there it is: "?.must be husband of one wife?"

Oops!!! probably have to forego some privileges?.

Wot the hay... those privileges are overrated anyway!!!!

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit