"A Jehovah--Take Ovah".......NEW YORK POST

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Todays online edition says the DUMBO neighborhood is up in arms over the fact that the Watchtower has gotten approval to take acres of prime industrial land (taxfree) and that the Watchtower will be offering little back.....The Watchtower countered that there will be less crime if they're around AND that they will renovate 2 neighborhood parks AND install security cameras at York Street Subway Station.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I assume that DUMBO stands for something? Care to fill me in?

Of course there will be less crime! Everyone knows the bethelites have no money to steal!

Kwin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass DUMBO

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just curious: Did the NY Post use the headline in your subject line, or is that your own headline?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

That, and any time a mugger tries to steal from a Bethelite, they get witnessed to - so they run away.

If only religions paid taxes on their lands, then there wouldn't be a sense of the city losing valuable real estate and revenue.

TAX RELIGION!

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

NYP line.....That's what hit me!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It sounds like something a wrestler would say into the microphone during Wrestle-mania. Like, "I'm a Jehovah's Wrestler, and I'm here to introduce you to the pain of Armageddon! Get ready for a Tuesday night Jehovah take-ovah - where I'll be making return visits all up and down your head; and your momma's too!"

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

That's why I love the New York Post so much.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Here's a link to the article. They do mention DUMBO.

http://www.newyorkpost.com/news/regionalnews/35725.htm

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks for the link.. i googled the name of Richard Divine thats mentioned in the article.. came up with a few hits one of w hich quotes him as saying :

Richard Devine, a spokesman for the Jehovah?s Witnesses, said if approved the project could lead to a surplus of Watchtower property that the religious order might want to sell off.
    The Watchtower Society owns 33 properties in the Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO area including 20 residential buildings ranging from brownstones to apartment buildings.

Devine declined to comment on which buildings would be sold off.

But he said the overall development would ?bring significant benefits to the community at large.?

the link to that article from 7/04 is http://www.brooklynpapers.com/html/issues/_vol27/27_26/27_26nets4.html

so obviously this construction isnt to progress the worldwide work but just to use cheap labor to build multi million dollar real estate and then sell it for profit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit