I am moved

by rune 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A single moment in time can take the breath away.
    Unfortunately it's indescribable. The circumstances can be described, but to replicate the moment...
    Ah, if dreams could be bottled!

For me it most commonly is near the seashore.

• heathen
    heathen

sometimes I am move by what I read on this site , then I have to think about how so many intelligent thinking people can be so angry at a religion and the pain they experience in association with life in general .

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Sunsets, especially when you get the "green flash". Sunrises, when they are late enough in the morning, or I'm on a boat and I've had the 4am to 8am watch. I actually prefer Black Watch - 12 to 4. The night sky, especially without a moon, is incredible from offshore, when you can watch the stars and constellations rise and set.

Frost and fog painting a pastel pink and gray watercolour in a park on an early frosty morning - on my way to work.

One of my most memorable "at one" experiences was about 18 years ago helping to deliver a sailboat from Port Angeles, WA, to Portland, OR. It was early dusk, with a simple not so brilliant sunset. Everyone else was either off watch or just below in the cabin. I was alone at the helm. Alone, in control of the boat. The wind and water were perfect. The dance of the boat surfing down the swells was magical. This was the first time I felt the connection so strongly.

Thank you for the reminders, Rune.

Hugs

Brenda

• prophecor
    prophecor

The Ocean, At Night, High Tide.

There are times in my life when in order for me to connect with the spiritual, to remove myself from the grunge of city life, I hop in the HotWheel and drive nearly 100 miles in one direction, just to get a glimpse of God's Glory, like lookin' in His back door, The Ocean is one of the most Moving of things that I go well out of my way, just to attempt to touch the Face of God.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

What moves me...An unexpected phone call from my gramma. That one always gets me.

Also at night, when I look out the balcony at the ocean and I see a bright full moon lighting up the night sky for the ships waiting their turn to get into the port. That does it for me as well. I dont know why, I think its because of the tranquility of it all.

• heathen
    heathen

Right now I'm being moved by a bottle of vodka --------

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Very nice thread, rune, and lovely expressions here.

• rune
    rune

Thank you! You all have made great replies, I appreciate it

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's interesting that sunrises are your thing. I love sunsets. I guess they are similar to sets, except that i'm not a morning person. When i watch a sunset, i do a couple of taichi things that somebody showed me. I was into sunsets before that, but taichi or qigong works really good at that time, making them even better. Christmas decoration lights are amazing, as well.

S

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When my wife gave birth to our first child, she had a broken foot. I, as the father, had an actual function: I stood next to the doctor and held her cast.

what moves you?

Watching the top of her head poke out, and then suddenly she popped out all pink and crying. One of the most extraordinary moments of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit