Is It More Important to You to "Love" or Be "Loved"?

by pettygrudger 36 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Fuzzy tummy feeling! That's so sweet and cute! Hugs red

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I think those who take love and don't give it back probably feel pretty empty at the end of the day. How could they not. That's so selfish.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Outoftheorg: I'm really glad to hear that you finally found a healthy relationship! You sound happy together. I think that's great! Cheers!!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YES CHILIPEP, WE ARE BOTH VERY HAPPY.

INFACT THE LAST 7.5 YEARS ARE THE MOST HAPPY OF ALL MY LIFE.

REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE WBTS CLAIMS (JW'S ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE) IN RETROSPECT I WAS NEVER REALLY HAPPY AT ANY TIME I WAS IN THE BORG.

THEIR RELIGION IS A GENUINE STUMBLING BLOCK IN LIFE.

Outoftheorg

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I have a plaque on my wall that says

"She measured her worth not by how much she was loved, but by much her heart loved others"

I think that especially when being cut off from family and friends, you learn so much more about your ability to love, express love and accept love. But I think the most important part is that you learn UNCONDITIONAL love.

So many people toss the word LOVE around.... but with JW's there are always conditions attached. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is sooooo wonderful, the best and biggest lesson of my life.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Oh and on another note... I recently married the love of my life. We've been together 2 years now. It has been amazing.... so undescribable that feeling of being IN LOVE. Having someone love me back just as much as I love them. I had never felt that ever. It took me a long time to get here, but so glad that I didn't close up my heart forever. Now I understand what it all means.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've loved too much during my life time. It'd be nice to be loved to the same degree for once.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit