Wierd Stuff

by SWALKER 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FairMind
    FairMind

Regading the inquiry as to how many people the Phenomena is happening to? It has happened to 5,401people and several horses. You can trust these figures as they are from the same sources that you referenced.

FM

• euripides
    euripides

Swalker...That peculiar certainty that "change has got to come" is most likely a projection of wish-fulfillment, as in, by force of will these things can come to pass. Sometimes, it may seem that energies and signs are available to those who are receptive, i.e., a major catastrophic terrorist attack had been planned for a long time, and in Feb of 1993 there was an attack on the Twin Towers, but it didn't bring them down. And Armageddon is one of those things which has been predicted for nearly 2,000 years, for good reason...As another poster indicated, stressful times tend to foster such apocalyptic mentalities.

Is there such a thing as a collective panic or collective anxiety disorder? I think so, inasmuch as mob mentality exists also. As I say, for sensitive individuals its not hard to pick up on signs of obvious things to happen, for instance I was sure that there would be an assassination attempt on our sitting President, only to hear that there may have indeed been the plan somewhere along the way. I'm not crazy, just adding up the factors of widespread disenfranchisement and discontent, the collective anxiety of those yearning for change, and sometimes, as in Revolution, desperation gets taken one step too far. These things do happen in the course of human events, judging by history. Do they portend great and cataclysmic cosmic events? Maybe, maybe not. Is that the same as Armageddon? Not in the sense that JWs are thinking. Years ago I had the pleasure of talking to Gary Botting, author of The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses by telephone, and I had finished reading his book and was quite taken by some of his arguments. But, the issue of Armageddon troubled me, haunted me if you will. (I hear it troubles many ex-JWs.) So I asked him, "What do you think of Armageddon?" He replied, "It Already Happened."
    "When?" I inquired incredulously.

"World War II" was his answer. So, at that moment, I realized, we don't need to wait for divinely produced horrors to have some of our own right here and now, in the form of global war, genocide, etc. Terrorism seems to be the latest installment in a long chain of misconduct inducing great human misery and depleting valuable resources, including a great deal of psychic energy that some individuals could be channeling into putting back into their communities and organizing their lives rather than trying to needlessly whip people up into frenzies. It is so easy to fall into the trap, because most of us want change. We crave it, especially if we are not content with what we have, or feel injustice is being perpetrated. Ordinarily, that is a proper reaction, in my view, but thinking that it must be a harbinger of divine intervention goes completely in the wrong direction. Passively allowing international horrors to take place as if they fulfill a grand plan of destruction and mayhem is sociopathic, in my opinion.

As far as communicating with the "other world," reality checks are always useful in times like these. Take stock of what is and is not in order in your life, and think about the lives of those who are experiencing these things. Perhaps by ordering certain facets then anxiety can be abated, thereby diminishing the need to exert a veneer of "control" over the "Uncontrollable." Take care of yourself.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

In the early fifties, when the ufo flaps were making media headlines, there were the 'contactees". They claimed that ETs enlisted them as their envoys to humanity. The ETs were warning them about impending doom and to make changes to avert it. This was right smack in the escalating phase of the Cold War and everyone realized how dangerous the Nuclear Age could be for the planet. Many contactees portrayed the ETs as caring and wise, some even calling them the "Space Brothers". Not that much of a stretch to look at the situation today with the new terrorism, and expect a modern version of this phenomenon. With those people you know, the motifs and content are fed by the WT instead of pop culture.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Thanks for all your input! I see it mostly the same way, but as more people are experiencing the same "revelations", I just thought I'd put it out there for people to respond to. I find it a little disconcerting...that's all.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit