For all x-JW's: quick question.....

by Kathy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

My issues were fairly simple;

(1.) Change of definition of "generation" in 1995;
    (2.) The elder arrangement, their determiniation of 'repentance,' not God's;
    (3.) Lack of logic of the 1914 doctrine.

Despite my misgivings, I got reinstated in '96. Last meeting I ever attended was the one where they announced my reinstatement. Last time I was in a KH was at my sister's wedding in '97. NEVER AGAIN!!

Cheers,
    Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• Jason
    Jason

Chris,

The animals used to eat vegetation. Hay as well I'm sure. At least the domestcated ones.

Yes, no?

Jason.

• sOOner
    sOOner

Hello...

I would be interested in this comparison also.I know of another book by Dr.Lamsas.

Dr. Lamsa really didn't consider himself "metaphysical", just
    considered himself a Christian. However, now that he's dead, who
    knows where they will sell his books. They do sell them on
    Amazon.com
    my email is

[email protected].

I am ~

sOOner

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Kathy, Something that I found fairly simple helped one of my JW friends. If she has any previous bible background, this might help.

I asked them if the Bible held the Truth; yes..etc. Did they believe in the Faith of our Fathers...that they followed the Bible, etc. to learn the right way? Then I had several bibles there and looked up any verses that related to the Deity of Christ. It is so obvious that the Bible that generations of Christians has followed is NOT the Bible that the JW's preach..the NWT. They made up their own...which goes exactly against what the Bible tells us...NOT to obscure God's word.

Good Luck to you.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

kathy,

i guess mine would fall under social issues as well. first, my sister was df'd when i was 8--she was my best friend and immediately after that i was allowed to have absolutely no contact with her. i couldn't understand how my parents could say that they loved us and still treat her this way--i still don't understand it. i think it's a load of bullsh*t. even after she told them she was sorry and made positive changes in her life (but still not choosing reinstatement) that didn't matter. something is seriously wrong with that. secondly, i saw alot of hypocrisy in the organization. too much of this whole 'well it's ok for this person to do that, but not that person.' thirdly, i was tired of being taught that the only good people in this world are JW's. i remember constantly being told by my mother that if i left, no one would ever like me or love me for who i was. only JW's really look for 'the secret person of the heart.' that too was a crock of sh*t. i don't think friendships should be based on religion.

beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit