Your Expert Research is needed!

by Atlantis 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Friends:

Doug Mason needs no introductions here. We all know him to be an excellent writer, such as: Blondie, Terry, jwfacts, Barbara Anderson and countless others on this board.

Doug is asking for assistance on a new project he is working on to explain in terms easy to understand, the changes the Watchtower now expects Jehovah's Witnesses and others to believe.

Your expert knowledge on these subjects such as: 144,000, Great Crowd, Order Of Special Full Time Servants, and Governing Body would be greatly appreciated. I can provide Doug with all the necessary documents he may need, but your voice and opinion in his project is needed greatly.

If you are willing to assist, send me a pm and I will get you in contact with Doug.

Many thanks!

Atlantis!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a small bump for those who may be able to help, to see this request.

I fear that, though willing, I would have little to offer, I have been out for years, and have not bothered to read WT/JW writings in recent times, and have no access to their writings unless I go to JW dot you know what, which I am loath to do.

I hope some of you, that have an understanding of the recent changes, are able to help Doug, he does such a wonderful job.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I hope some of you, that have an understanding of the recent changes, are able to help

I think it would be hard to find an active JW that has an accurate understanding of all the recent changes.  Wait, make that: an active JW Elder. . . .

So, in fact, this may be the right place to ask, since many Ex-JWs here keep abreast of the JW doctrine far better than the average R&F JW.

Doc

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Please allow me to show you how fundamental some of my questions relate to. And I must preface this by saying that I do not voraciously devour everything the WTS churns out, so I am not across nuances that might creep in.

So to some fundamental questions:

1. Does the WTS still refer to the mass of JWs as the "Other Sheep" and "Great Crowd"? (Or do they use "Great Multitude"?)

2. By what other Bible-based designations does it identify the earth-bound class? (I suspect that terms such as Publisher, Overseer, and Pioneer are not Bible based, but I could be wrong. It has been known to happen.)

3. I see the term "spirit-anointed". Where do they get this? Is it from the gospels or from Pentecost?

4. What are the names it currently uses to identify the 144,000?

5. Does it openly refer to the Order of Special JWs, apart from that brief entry in the Year Book statistical summary?

6. Do they still see members of the 144,000 as having been gathered in every age since the start of Christianity?

I am not interested in pursuing the WT's past, only what it is saying today.

Thanks,

Doug

• wallsofjericho
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Knowing Doug, I'll bet he went off and found his answers already!

I don't (and haven't) read any of the magazines or books in decades. I mostly get my 'new' light from videos on YouTube.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Doug and Atlantis, what's the point. Doctrine is irrelevant. WT "theology" changes constantly. I notion of "having the Truth" is a cultish meme clearly not based in reality and with only the most tenuous Biblical "support."

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin
    Don,t think you'll have any problems Doug....I think it is important to show what the wt currently teaches, wishing you success Doug...Am sure you will do well.....
  • jhine
    jhine

Hi Doug ,

you are quite correct in saying that publisher , pioneer and overseer are not Bible based . The WT cannot find a designation that is Bible based because the Bible does not talk about two classes of people .Whatever name they come up with is of their own making .

Jan

• Caminante
    Caminante

1. Does the WTS still refer to the mass of JWs as the "Other Sheep" and "Great Crowd"? (Or do they use "Great Multitude"?)

It's more accurate to use "other sheep". The great crowd refers to those other sheep who will survive Armageddon.

2. By what other Bible-based designations does it identify the earth-bound class? (I suspect that terms such as Publisher, Overseer, and Pioneer are not Bible based, but I could be wrong. It has been known to happen.)

Usually they use "other sheep" when referring to present day, and "great crowd" when talking in an eschatological context.

3. I see the term "spirit-anointed". Where do they get this? Is it from the gospels or from Pentecost?

Neither. This term was concocted by Watchtower. In my opinion, referred to the 144,000 as 'anointed' Christians stems from the fact that they will rule as kings and priests during the Millennial reign of Christ. 'Spirit-anointed' might be a reference to Romans 8:14-17 where the holy spirit bears witness of someone's being called for heavenly life.

4. What are the names it currently uses to identify the 144,000?

Anointed Christians or "little flock"

5. Does it openly refer to the Order of Special JWs, apart from that brief entry in the Year Book statistical summary?

The Religious Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses includes (as far as I know) Bethelites and traveling overseers and their wifes. They refer to the Order in the contract you need sign when accepted to serve at Bethel,

6. Do they still see members of the 144,000 as having been gathered in every age since the start of Christianity?

Yes. Nothing has been published to change this viewpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit