Hi, I'm new too.

by KBelly 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day! from downunder.

Cheers, Ozzie

• KBelly
    KBelly

Thanks guys. Wow, lots of people here! Gill, I think we'll never be un-hardwired. What you learn as a kid in just ingrained. I'm trying to sort it all out too. I'm sure there are good things we could take away...

When I was first out, I thought I would be totally forever free to think and be. But then I realized I still have to make moral decisions, etc throughout my life, and I had to have some principles to make them by. So it's hard to know exactly what's just JW thinking, and what are really general good principles to live by. Ya know?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

hi Gill!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome!

I'm from Florida! Alive and well in good 'ol Charlotte County, Southwest Florida. Greetings!!!

DY

• jaredg
    jaredg

welcome kbelly....i did the same sort of thing as you. i faded off a couple years into college and then got df'd when they found out i had a worldy gf. what part of fl do you live in? i know a few jws down in your neck of the woods.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can relate KBelly. For along time I thought I was the crazy one for not just believing all the bOrg crap. Then I left and found out I wasnt crazy, the society is. lol

And being on the internet is just so cool, I not the only one, I'm not alone.

Mrs Jones

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi There KBelly,

Glad to meet you. Good for you drifting out, have met several who have sucessfully done that. I was a JW for 30 years. Raised my sons in it and when I left the JW's my boys left with me. Their Dad whom I left has remained in and has remarried to another JW gal. I've got a wonderful husband of two years who is simply the diamond of my eye.

So how does your sister and Mom treat you, and is your Mom really very active?

Balsam

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Was quite lonely since I was outwardly pioneering, being miss perfect, while inwardly so confused and distraught

Darn, that kicked in a few triggers for us guys too, WELCOME ABOARD.

Brummie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey welcome aboard you two.... I was one for over 20 yrs... Got kicked out cos I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.

I know many wonderful xjws in Florida.....I will post you a e-mail

Good to have you aboard....

Grace/mouthy/Granny( cos I am 77 years old.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hi and welcome to the board!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit