Survival of the fittest

by Tim Horton 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Good posts Big Tex and Hillary - words to live by.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well I don't know, but it's not survival of the weakest.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Thanks guys, Shows I was in a bad state of mind last night. I definately am not a selfish person. I am more of a giver that puts my own interests last. I'm in the process of trying to find a happy medium. I can tell you alot of people don't like this new side of myself though. Including my son. He's used to me doing everything for him. Well he's 13 and time for a reality check. It's my fault for letting him become lazy and overindulged. Quote from Depression thread" The giver became accustomed to always putting others desires and interests before his or hers. It may be agonizing for that person to suddenly put their mental well being ahead of doing for others." This is me to a T. I am going through total agony right now. I feel like a mean person for standing up for myself but I know it has to be done. I need to be more assertive. It's so hard though. My son says I'm mean. I feel that I am doing him a favour though.He needs to learn how to fend for and take care of himself. Among other people. Chris

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok, now i see where you are coming from. It's a swing from wt taught selflessness towards a normal, healthy self interest. I started into this a few yrs ago. It feels like selfishness, and those to whom you catered are left saying 'wtf?' That's fine, imo. Those of us who sublimated our selves under wt hegemony need to do whatever we need to do to find our long lost selves. It is the road to happiness. We may also swing back toward a more happy medium at a later time.

S

• one
    one

feeling inferior and insecure can lead to such way of thinking, imho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit