JWGift.org: New Watchtower Website for Online Donations

by Mark 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Mark
    Mark

Here's the latest effort of the WT in the UK to collect donations.

https://www.jwgift.org/

I was thinking of posting some comments, but the website really speaks for itself.

Mark

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It makes me sick that they greedily have their hands out for $$$, and more $$$, yet they cannot help those monetarily in their org. who really need it. They make them sacrifice, slave, and give up their lives, and the little money they make by cleaning offices and washing windows, yet the WTBTS still want more, more, more, draining their faithful followers of everything they have, literally sucking the life out of them. I hope those in the Org. will finally start to catch on that the WTBTS is really nothing more than a "Snare and a Racket".

In addition, notice the following which is shown on the bottom of the page:

© Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, Registered Charity Number 1077961
    Yeah, right. Charity number, yet they show no charity whatsoever to those who really need it. They just keep stuffing their coffers and their pockets. Sad, really sad...
  • Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

This has to be a hoax site, right???

The WTS can?t even be bothered to put up an email address at ANY of their web sites to readily answer your questions about the Bible, but they can take the time to dedicate an ENTIRE website to take your money.

How telling?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hehe be funny if it was an apostate site..

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I also notice that if you try to use the "Back" button on your browser to leave the site, it doesn't let you.

• Bryan
    Bryan

" Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain" Is that name of the british arm of the publishing company?

Even when you try to back out, it puts you right back on their site again. I hate that.

Below is the Certificate:

________________________________________________________________________________________

valid certificate ]

Authentic Sites use thawte SSL Certificates to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site. thawte has checked and verified the company registration documents and the site's registered domain name.

This information is included in the SSL certificate that we issue. This enables you to check the site's validity yourself. Always check a site's certificate before entering any sensitive information. Below are the details for certificate: Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain

[ organization ] Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain
    [ domain ] www.jwgift.org
    [ country ] Great Britain
    [ current status ] Valid
    [ valid from ] 2004.10.04
    [ valid until ] 2005.10.22

[ consumer guidelines: how to know whether a site is secure ]

[ conditions of use of the thawte trusted site seal ]
  • kls
    kls

Now why am i not surprised.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

We never take up collections, but your donations are appreciated. We use boxes. When we build a new hall we make pledges. But don't feel obliged to give now. Don't worry, I won't.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

This really bugs me. Just let it go, CJ, let it go....Ok better now.

They say how bad the internet is, and how the internet is from Satan, yet it doesn't stop them from profiting from it....

• Mark
    Mark

Sad, isn't it?

A letter is being read to the congregations to publicize the site, and information about it will also appear in the January'05 Km.

In the letter they also provide a phone number for direct donations to the Watchtower.

It's amazing they have the cheek to publish this, but then again it's also amazing that many people don't see them for what they are:

*** g88 3/22 pp. 7-8 Do Today?s Religions Feed or Fleece the Flock? ***

It is true that "all the trappings of modern television evangelism" are a long way from the methods of Jesus. But it is also true that times have changed. To preach worldwide to millions involves the use of modern facilities and efficient organization, and it takes large sums of money. Even so, the basics of Jesus? way of life remain the model for Christians. The values and principles that he laid down are still the only pathway for Christians today.?1 Peter 2:21.

Some of those principles follow: ?You received truth free, give free. Don?t be anxious about material things. Seek first the Kingdom. More happiness in giving than in receiving. Teach in the homes of the people. God?s Word is truth. Love God, love your neighbor. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Feed my sheep.? True Christianity has not changed; only the facilities for spreading it have.

It is not the huge amounts of money involved that are objectionable. It takes millions to preach worldwide. Money is not evil. It is the love of money that is the root of all kinds of evils. It is the ways of getting the money?the pleas, the gimmicks, the begging, the deceit, the lies?that are evil. It is the fraudulent extraction of it from the poor by con games that?s evil. And collected for one purpose, then used for another, for personal enrichment?that?s embezzlement. The Pharisees were money lovers. Judas sold out Christ for money. Many religious shepherds today walk in their footsteps rather than in those of Jesus.

Jesus does have followers in the earth today who walk in his footsteps, preach the way he did, and teach the Bible truths that offset spiritual famine.?Amos 8:11. Those followers are Jehovah?s Witnesses. Their worldwide preaching work needs large sums of money, but it comes from voluntary, unsolicited contributions. Literature is printed and distributed at a minimal cost. Weekly Bible studies are conducted in homes free of charge. Congregation meetings are free, no collections taken, no pleas for money made, no salaries paid. Many Witnesses work secularly for their livelihood and contribute time and money to accomplish the preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.?Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.

They even go on to criticize Jimmy Swaggart in the article!

Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit