Another Stoopid JW Forwarded Mail...

by Gozz 39 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

ROOF TRUSSES???

IF THESE TRULY WERE TRUSSES, NOT JUST LUMBER, THIS REALLY WAS A MIRACLE.

TRUSSES ARE DESIGNED FOR SPECIFIC SPANS AND FALLS AND STATIC LOADS TO MEET BUILDING CODES.

SO THESE TRUSSES? JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE CORRECT LENGTH ETC. TO FIT THIS PARTICULAR BUILDING??

I DOUBT THAT!

Outoftheorg

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

I wondered about the one where they looted the overturned semi and took the trusses "at no cost to the brothers."

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

2. A new Hall was built in Brooklyn. However, a large tree was inconveniently located in the center of the parking lot, and a city ordinance forbade it's removal. That night, a storm blew it down, and it conveniently fell in the middle of the street. No harm came to the Hall. Because it blocked the street, the city of New York had to remove it, at no expense to the brothers.

This for a fact did happen at the Moffat St. Kingdom hall in St. Catharines ON in the early '90's minus a few details. I was there when it happened.

There was a tree on the property right were the hall was going to go. The city wouldn't permit the removal of the tree because of it's age, and the fact that St. Catharines is "The Garden City". One night a lightning bolt hit the tree, and good-bye tree.

I remember the talk where they mentioned "Jehovah's direction" and I know I was (at the time) convinced as well as everyone there, I'm sure.

Fact of the matter: A lightning bolt hit the tree. It happens everywere. This time it was just plain convienient.

Kwin

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I was thinking the same thing about the trusses! How would they magically fit? Also, wouldn't the company that owned them want them back?

Also, when lightning strikes, a wave of electrical energy expands away from the point it hits (like when you throw a rock into a lake). If three people were walking right next to each other, a lightning strike wouldn't kill just one and leave the other two unharmed.

• Descender
    Descender
    6. In , where the work is done underground, 3 elders were working on a country road. The sky was cloudy. Suddenly a bolt of lightning killed the middle brother. The other 2 hurriedly hid his body in the bushes, to go and remove literature, etc. from his home before the officials came. They take over any possessions they find and give them to whomever they feel can use them. Among his possessions were found a complete list of all the Witnesses from miles around. He was not a brother, but an imposter, planning to turn this list over to the police. As Bro. Lauriz says, if these hadn't come from , we'd never believe them.

I remember being told this one and actually believing it and telling it to other people trying to convince them this had to be the truth. This one has to be the most outlandish BS story out of them all. Man I was gullible.

• TD
    TD

Members of the LDS church can match the JW's story for story and they're all just as dumb.

I remember a missionary telling me that the temple in Salt Lake was built with shafts that had no apparent purpose at the time. It was not until Elisha Otis invented the modern elevator that a purpose of these shafts became apparent. Clear evidence that God directed the building of the temple!

(There might be a grain of truth at the core of this story -- Otis demonstrated his first elevator in 1853 --the same year that construction of the Salt Lake temple began. Since the construction spanned 40 years, it's quite possible that provision was made for future elevators, but God had nothing to do with it.)

I agree with the other comments on the truss story. It's like saying, "I forgot the combination to my safe but I saw some numbers written in chalk on the sidewalk the next day. I went home and tried them and the safe opened!"

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember a few years ago the Awake reported about a tornado that went through Elkhart, Indiana. As I remember, it was reported that everyone who was attending the meeting at the Kingdom Hall were OK, but somebody was killed who missed the meeting that day. I've trying to find the article, but can't locate it. I remember the implication was that Jehovah's blessing was on those who attend the meetings. Interestingly, a few years later there was a mud slide in Mexico(?), and the witnesses flocked to the Kingdom Hall for protection. Many died at the Kingdom Hall--had they gone uphill they would have survived, but they superstitiously believed that they would be safe at the hall. That event really got me thinking. Doesn't the Bible say, "Time and unforeseen even befall us all."?

If anybody can find the article about Elkhart, I would appreciate it.

• Corvin
    Corvin

9. In El Cajon, CA, a couple of JW parents in good standing had been abusing their kids, pushing them toward suicide and using God's Word as an excuse for wrongdoing. The children tried to get help from the elders, but the elders simply told them to be more obedient and respectful to their hypocritical parents. Suddenly an apostate appeared like a fireball from out of Jehovah's arse and stood up to defend the kids, took the parents to court, got custody where the kids are now safe from abuse, and no longer have to go to meetings, study the Watchtower or go out in field service. The Fairy God Judge ordered no discussion of religion with the kids, for which they were very thankful to Jehovah for.

Jehovah does know what's going on and does intervene!

Corvin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting how you never hear a story about how a child molester if found out in the hall and exposed for what he is!

• little1
    little1

May be a dumb question, but aren't the witnesses supposed to stay off the internet? If so, how are they emailing this bullshit around and not getting in trouble for it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit