curries ummmmmmmmmm--------

by vitty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

As a British family our favorite food is curry, but lately this has got out of hand, were eating about 3 a week . Either home made or takeaway.

When the kids were small I would always make a dinner with meat and veg, but now its gone ridiculous we are addicted.

I hate thinking about what im going to make for the evening meal, its so boring

What do you have, whats your favorite food and how many times do you eat it?????????

• Special K
    Special K

Give us an example or two of what exactly your eating or making.. pretty please.

Special K

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I like peppers cut in half and roasted until the skin starts to blacken, then with a lump of goats cheese popped in and back in the oven to melt, served with lemon juice and olive oil and black pepper. I have that with rice and some salad.

If you like spicy food, why not try some Thai-style stir fries flavoured with chili, garlic and lime juice with noodles?

Last week I made lasagne for the first time in ages - I forgot how nice it was.

I also like spaghetti carbonara - it is dead quick and easy. While your spaghetti is cooking, fry off some cubed pancetta bacon. In a jug, whisk up a couple of eggs and add some grated parmesan and loads of black pepper. When the spaghetti is ready, drain it and return to the pan. Tip the egg and bacon in on top of the spaghetti, and stir furiously. The egg cooks in the heat of the spaghetti. Not suitable if you are pregnant (salmonella). Serve with extra parmesan and black pepper to taste.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

One of my favorites is a stir fry I make with chicken, snow peas, onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, peanuts, chili powder, cayenne, and some other stuff. I put it on rice noodles. I have it about once a week.

Some of my other favorites are crepes with cheese, meatballs with a mushroom-cream sauce, beef stew, stuffed peppers, and red hot spareribs.

Now you've got me thinking about lasagna. I'll have to find a good recipe and make some. I could use some curry recipes too.

Walter

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Damn, I really shouldn't read threads about food on a day when I skipped breakfast.

Now I'm starving.

Walter

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

My favourite food is chocolate and I eat it as often as I can.

• Soledad
    Soledad

curries are the mainstay of my daily diet!

favorite dish: curried chickpeas with brown rice and roti. MMMMMM!

• Special K
    Special K

Recipe Soledad... recipe if you please

SK

• Fe2O3Girl
  • Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

And here are some recipes for curry dishes:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit