What Is The Kindest Thing That Someone Has Ever Done For You?

by codeblue 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.........kindness shouldn't go unnoticed or not appreciated.

Codeblue

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmmm.. I don't think kindness ever goes unnoticed, but that's a whole other thread...

• FMZ
    FMZ

Doh... anyway, ^ that is the first line of my post... here was the rest:

The kindest thing anyone has done for me is my parents pouring all their love and support into me throughout my life... They could not have been any kinder.

FMZ

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

My now-husband...we were just at the very beginning stages of our romantic relationship. He sat quietly next to me and just held me while I confronted my father about his sexual abuse of me. He comforted me and was a huge support for me after the conversation was over. I cried all over his nice shirt.

• Confucious
    Confucious

This is a pretty good thing...

My Dad is real understanding knowing that it's hard to remember Birthdays and all.

So...

The other day, my dad calls me up on his Cell Phone.

"Did your remember your mom's birthday???"

I didn't.

"Call her."

And then he hangs up.

So I call my mom on their land line.

My dad answers like he's TOTALLY SURPRISED THAT I CALLED.

Then he hands the phone to my mom.

• bisous
    bisous

When my husband was killed suddenly in a car accident, I was very young and very pregnant. We had a new friend, a young woman (about 8 years older than I), who was a recent widow. She came to my home the very next morning after he died, and began cooking and greeting people who were stopping by, also fielding phone calls ... a few weeks later she welcomed me into her home and I lived with her until my daughter was born 4 months later. She took my husband's place as a birth labor coach, was in the delivery room with me and held my hand through it all.

Years later, looking back I realize how painful it must have been for her to watch me grieve and relive her own experiences. I can never repay her countless kindnesses and she is my friend to this day. Thankfully, she also escaped the binds of the witlesses.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well (((Bisous))) the when and the how you became widow is just awfull !!! Nice to see that somebody have been there, did the good things at the right time to help you there !!!

(I feel like that's effectivly the kindest thing people can do for others - when they don't do it for themselves - like for recognition - or do it against themselves - like when it can hurt themselves)

(((WorfGirl))) that was nice from you hubby (but somehow a duty) Still he must be strong to be able to listen and not punch !

I had some kind moments myself : from a woman who died but had the time to give me lot of love when nobody cared about me (in knowing that she had lots of kids and still took the time to be there for me), also a teacher who gave me a (kind of) gift (in knowing that the other kids wouldn't understand the why's when she did it) they are those who have been able to see when I was in need to give me a relief (I didn't have to ask for it - it was just natural ... and at the right time)

• franklin J
    franklin J

I will never forget the emotional stress I went through in my early 20s when I left the "truth". I was "adrift". Although on the surface I seemed to have it all together ( attending college and getting on with my life) ; inside my head was a mess.

I had the very good fortune of having some very good; kind and supportive "wordly friends". And over drinks one nite ( did a LOT of drinking back then) my friends were trying to find out why I was always so depressed. I remember breaking down in tears and telling them that the friends I grew up with will not even speak to me anymore; much less socialize with me, because I had left the religion.

The "wordly friends" told me that they wanted to be my friend no matter what religion I was .

Those simple words were a real catharsis for me and the gears in my head began to turn. It was the first step to recovery for me. Those friends, all these years later, are still in my life and I will never forget their kindness to me.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After my ex had left me, I was pretty down. I was living with her father of all things, I had about $20 to my name after paying bills (not including food, gas, or the credit card bill) and there were 4 new Blue Oyster Cult album remasters (with bonus tracks) released that I couldn't afford.

One guy on the internet who lived down in the states bought the albums and shipped them to me. To this day, the song "Fire of Unknown Origin" reminds me of this difficult time, and how evil and kind people can be.

• dura-luxe
    dura-luxe

Yes, the largest acts of kindness have definitely come from the "Worldly" people I know.

They helped me move all of my stuff and gave me a place to stay when I left my husband and the Witnesses. I'd gotten married at 18, like a good virginal Witness, so when I left him at 22, I had no idea how to make my way in the world. I couldn't have done it without the "Evil, Worldly People". One woman who I hardly knew lent me $500 to help me move and then wouldn't let me pay her back.

Just recently, I got a message on my cell phone from a friend saying "Jan didn't know that you were raised as a Jehovah's Witness and never celebrated birthdays. So here's a birthday wish for you..." and the two of them sang an operatic Happy Birthday into the phone.

Sure, it's been 8 years, but little things like that still mean so much to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit