How Many People Are Less Stressed Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Min,

WAY less stressed.

Look WAY better physically.

People used to comment how tired I looked before.

Scully,

I'm still on anti-depressants - Paxil.

I'm not depressed anymore, but I'm afraid to get off.

What was it like for you when you got off...

Con

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Interesting that you posed this question, being that my husband and i were just discussing how much better i am, mentally and emotionally, not to mention physically. It seems that all aspects of my life were falling apart. I was suffering from Migrains, i still have some but not as many, they dropped from 3 times a week to 3 times a month, which is huge according to my nuerologist. I had terrible anxiety attacks, some that put me in the hospital, as soon as i left and got couseling, they stopped, unless i talk to my parents and they bring up going back to meetings, then i will have one. Im not depressed anymore, and my husband (who is "worldly") notices a big change in me and my personality. I love being free!!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My high blood pressure went back to normal after being df'd

• joenobody
    joenobody

The last two years I was in, I used to have chest pains all the time and a sick stomach. 6 months after leaving, all of that was alleviated.

• minimus
    minimus

This all proves that being a Jehovah's Witness will make you sick!

• onintwo
    onintwo

Count me in! Not hurrying every second to either get to a meeting.(or prepare for one.)

Stop, stop,..Oh, what a relief it is! ( that's a parody of an old Alka-Seltzer commercial for you young un's)

Onintwo

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I haven't totally left yet, but I'll take for example this past weekend in which I didn't participate in any JW activities at all.

It felt so good just wake up whenever on Saturday, make coffee, sit in my livingroom enjoying it and reflecting on the housekeeping activities and the errands I'd run for that day. Same for Sunday. I just wish every single one of my weekends would be so relaxed like this past one. Didn't rush to do anything, just everything nice and a a relaxed pace.

Perhaps soon all of my weekends will be the as this one. Can hardly wait!

DY

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I went from taking 60mg of Prozac a day, which is a very, very high dose, to taking 20mg a day. I'm afraid I'll have to continue the 20mg for the rest of my life. I've tried to stopped, but it doesn't work.

• minimus
    minimus

I never understood why some elders HAD to tell people where to sit. I know of one sister that wanted to only sit in the back for a variety of reasons yet the elders would harrass her til she cried. Rules, rules rules.

• cypher50
    cypher50

I would love to say that life is all great and happy now that I found the truth about "the truth"...but it is a mixed bag of emotions for me. Somedays, when I am studying about politics or listening to music that some JW would of disapproved of, I feel so happy that I left behind the silly superstitions of Jehovah's Witnesses. However, many days I feel bitterness for being denied all the things that other people my age did while they were kids, I get depressed because I have no one to just talk to about my feelings (and thus, I internalize a lot of things), I feel rejected because I have trouble making friends with people my own age. In a way, being raised a JW has prematurely made me an old man in many of my tastes and yet I am like a child when it comes to social interaction with people...

Would I disassociate myself again if I had a way of repeating things? In a heartbeat, I feel at peace spiritually for the first time in a long long time. Less stressed though? Not right now...readjusting to the real world has been a hard experience for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit