What's going on with Witness World?

by alias 13 Replies latest jw friends

• alias
    alias

I've heard that it's changed hands and most of the JWs are bailing... did someone from here take it over?

alias

• Nickey
    Nickey

Really? Beats me....

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was NOT there when,"the s**t hit the fan. Crap Hitting The Fan

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

You're probably referring to the reorganization they did about about 4 years back. The President and the directors (all part of the Governing Body) resigned from those positions in the WT Corporation.

Then the Organization created about three new corporations and moved about assets, functions, etc. among them. Pretty sure the WT lawyers came up with this scheme as a shell game to minimize any losses from the succession of lawsuits they'd face.

But its just a shell game because the GB is still supposedly in charge of teachings. As for alot of them bailing...I haven't seen a mass exodus but many of their teens sure aren't falling for this crud.....They're really fortunate having had the internet practically all of their lives. Regular attendance at meetings has dropped though, and I can happily say so has contributions in our area and at the circuit assemblies I've gone to.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

MS - I thought he was talking about a produb website?

CZAR

• blondie
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What kind of "true Jehovah's Witness" titles his/her forum "Jehovah Witness Forum"? In the old days you could always tell someone wasn't a JW if they referred to "Jehovah Witnesses" (without the apostrophe+s, I mean).

• Mulan
    Mulan
    In the old days you could always tell someone wasn't a JW if they referred to "Jehovah Witnesses" (without the apostrophe+s, I mean).

You mean like the way Serena Williams says she is a Jehovah witness? I always laugh out loud when she says that. Her mother needs to have a talk with that girl.

**didn't mean to hijack**

Carry on.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Some of the new moderators/Administrators are "inactive" Witnesses and the devout JW's are leaving over this.

Devon

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Czar, blondie thanks for clarifying that for me.

I'm still ignorant about all the stuff out there on the web.

Note to self: Not everyone uses/makes up nicknames for just about anything. I may have watched too much Seinfeld.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit