Not Allowed To Enter U.S. Because of Religious Affiliation?

by D8TA 31 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty

Where is the proof?
    So have you looked into it yourself? Have you found out if he has indeed sent money to these groups? Have you even researched his public comments that people have posted here?

The man is a pacifist for Christ´s sake...Allah´s?

Never seen a pacifist who wanted so many people dead.

How about this: Get your politics, markets, and military out of other peoples lands....you are not wanted nor needed.

Fine with me. Let China be in charge. Pull all of our troops from overseas (starting with Korea) and see what happens. Funny how people in countries like Japan love to bash the US but suddenly when North Korea has missles that can reach their shores everyone is wondering what the US will do. How about our friends in Iran? For over 18 years they've been lying about their nuke program. Who's going to stop them? The UN? lol. Do you feel comfortable with them having a nuke? So you hate that we went into Iraq. Hey, go watch the videos of Saddam's men chopping up people with swords and then get back to me about why the world is not a better place with him gone.

• D8TA
    D8TA
    So have you looked into it yourself? Have you found out if he has indeed sent money to these groups? Have you even researched his public comments that people have posted here?

Duuuuh huh? Yes I have, so I challenge these commentators to supply proof. Proof of affiliation with known terroist groups. Proof of donations to any terrorist groups. Proof of comments, quotes, words of anything threatning the security of the United States of America or it´s citizens. The ball is in your court. Jesus...this is your response? What kind of not-well-thought-out-bucked-tooth-billy-bob response is that? ¨Duh huh, uh...have you proof that he...uh has NOT said that¨? Way to go Capt. Logico! Bad turn-around, try again

Again...back up where he wants these so many people dead? Ball is in YOUR court.

Fine with me. Let China be in charge.

What a radio-land right wing response. ¨In charge¨...like once country NEEDS to be in charge of the whole world. As if the China is going to steam roll over the world with it´s foreign policy and military might to make sure it´s policy and politics are going to be enforced...oh wait, that´s the United States job. Are you using the lesser of two evils argument here? ¨Hey, do you want to: A) Eat crap or B) Eat Crap or C) All of the above. NO country, including the U.S., has the right to use force to dictate policy, religion, beliefs, markets, etc. etc. to anybody in the world...nor is anyone in charge of Peace and Security in the world. The U.N. is set up to exactly that. You go against the U.N. because YOU want YOUR policy and security enforced.

Pull all of our troops from overseas (starting with Korea) and see what happens. Funny how people in countries like Japan love to bash the US but suddenly when North Korea has missles that can reach their shores everyone is wondering what the US will do

God Bless You All and Merry Christmas to those who WANT your presence on their soul of security. There are a number of nations and people who live in such nations ( under regimes that play ball with the U.S. *cough cough* Arabia and Egypt ) who want you OUT.

How about our friends in Iran? For over 18 years they've been lying about their nuke program. Who's going to stop them? The UN? lol. Do you feel comfortable with them having a nuke?

U.S. use of nukes: 2 Iran: 0 U.S. had even threatened to make use of small nuclear arsenals at the beginning of this Iraq war. Hello, hypocrosy at it´s finest. ¨No, No, we can use nukes in the name of our Capotilist Empire...but you an Islamic state...naughty naughty...you should not play with big boy toys¨. Again, Lesser of Two Evils argument. Round and round we go.

So you hate that we went into Iraq. Hey, go watch the videos of Saddam's men chopping up people with swords and then get back to me about why the world is not a better place with him gone.

Why not a number of other regimes, dictators, military ruled lands that have a higher death toll? Oh yah, that´s right first it was WoMD that were never found and now it´s because Saddam was a bad man argument...because you can´t tip-toe around your exposed agenda in Iraq of trying to protect your precious oil markets...and to have a strong presence right in the center of the Mid-East. What a bunch of fluff your arguments are. I´m sorry, how many people died in Iraq because of food and medical sanctions as to people who died by Saddam´s hands? Research it buddy. J.H.C.

• Xena
    Xena

Here's a clip from the Financial Times, January 1989:

Cat Stevens, the pop singer, is up in court in the Gaza Strip, at least in absentia.

Stevens is a convert to Islam and knowadays prefers to be known as Yusuf al-Islam. During a visit to Jerusalem last year, he was highly critical of Israel's handling of the unrest in the occupied territories. It was alleged in an Israeli military court in the Gaza Strip this week that he had gone much further and given about 4,000 Pounds (pds) to the fundamentalist Islamic movement, Hamas.

Hamas is bitterly opposed to the current peace moves of Yassir Arafat, the PLO chief, and wants to replace Israel with an Islamic state.

According to terrorism expert Steven Emerson, who testified before Congress in 1996 about the militant group Islamic Association for Palestine:

Another IAP brochure, authored by Yusef Islam, formerly known as the singer Cat Stevens before he converted to Islam, contains plain old anti-Semitism: "The Jews seem neither to respect God nor his creation. Their own holy books contain the curse of God brought upon them by their prophets on account of their disobedience to Him and mischief in the earth. We have seen the disrespect for religion displayed by those who consider themselves to be 'God's chosen people.' ... There will be no justice until all the land is given back to its rightful owners ... Only Islam can bring peace back to the Holy Land..." From his home in Great Britain, Islam/Stevens has also raised tens of thousands of dollars for Hamas, in cooperation with the British fundraising arm of Hamas, known as the Relief Fund for Lebanon and Palestine.

In July 2000, Stevens was kicked out of Israel. According to the AP:

The man who gained fame as pop star Cat Stevens was denied entry into Israel and deported hours after arriving, officials said Thursday -- reportedly because he gave money to a militant Islamic group during his last visit.

Defense Ministry officials refused to comment on Yusuf Islam's case other than to say that the Shin Bet, Israel's internal intelligence agency, had ordered the man who wrote such songs as "Peace Train" and "Wild World" barred from the country.

Islam, 51, who changed his name after becoming a Muslim in the late 1970s, last visited Israel in 1988. The government claims that during that trip he delivered tens of thousands of dollars to Hamas, a militant Islamic group, the Maariv daily reported

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

D8TA,

I understand your point of view and to a great extent sympathize, but you are backing the wrong horse here.

As kgfreeperson stated Yusuf Islam ( Stevens ) did indeed publicly and unrepentantly urge all good Muslims to obey that 'fatwa' issued against Salman Rushdie for the supposed blasphemy against Islam contained in his book 'The Satanic Verses'. Rushdie has been on the run ever since, hiding in shadows for fear of his life.

Under US Law, the uttering of death threats for whatever reasons, is illegal and Yusuf Islam has to live with the consequences of that.

Best regards - HS

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Again...back up where he wants these so many people dead? Ball is in YOUR court.

Looks like Xena beat me to the punch. And your response is???

Fine with me. Let China be in charge.
    What a radio-land right wing response. ¨In charge¨...like once country NEEDS to be in charge of the whole world. As if the China is going to steam roll over the world with it´s foreign policy and military might to make sure it´s policy and politics are going to be enforced...oh wait, that´s the United States job. Are you using the lesser of two evils argument here? ¨Hey, do you want to: A) Eat crap or B) Eat Crap or C) All of the above. NO country, including the U.S., has the right to use force to dictate policy, religion, beliefs, markets, etc. etc. to anybody in the world...nor is anyone in charge of Peace and Security in the world. The U.N. is set up to exactly that. You go against the U.N. because YOU want YOUR policy and security enforced.

Needs to be in charge? Show me a time in man's history when there hasn't been a world power in charge?? Other countries aren't interested in flexing more muscle? Ha! Look at how China forced it's way on the UK and took Hong Kong away. Look how China threatens Taiwan. What's stopping them from invading? The US Pacific fleet. Look at Japan and it's wanting a seat on the UN Security Console. Yes, the US has the right to use force to dictate policy. Look at the fucking mess we now have in North Korea. After ten years of bullshit and being blackmailed by them (the whole food for nukes program) they still went ahead and built them. Now they're testing missles that can hit Japan. If the Japanese want to live within striking distance of N. Korea and that wackos that are in charge over there, that's fine with me. But I don't want to. Who is going to stop them? The UN? Hey UN, great job in Africa! Le's see, in the 90's millions of Rwandians died and you did nothing. Now in Sudan hundreds of thousands are being murdered and youre again doing nothing. Regarding Iraq, for the first time in recent memory the people of Iraq are going to have a free election. For the first time they won't be living under a brutal dictatorship. When would you have delt with Saddam? After he got nukes? You can slam Bush and the US policies all you want but he's the one that brought this about. Where were all the protests when Saddam killed thousands of Kurds? Hmmmm??? Nah, Bush is an easy target and people these days want easy answers to hard questions. It's 1938 all over again and half the people of the world want to appease Hitler only this time the new head of evil has nukes within his grasp. And now what would you do about Iran??? Looks like they're very close to having a nuke. Maybe the UN can pass a few more resolutions. Yeah, that helped with the Iraqi situation.

• Simon
    Simon

Good grief. Since when has Isreal been the bastion of peace?

BEING CRITICAL OF JEWS WHO MURDER CIVILIANS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A TERRORIST

Sheesh. America is getting so far up Isreal's backside that it's embarrassing to watch and pitiful to behold.

I wouldn't trust anything that the lying government says: you know, the ones who deny having nukes when the world knows they do. The ones that imprisoned people who spoke out and let the world know. The ones who shoot and kill innocent civilians and kids regularly.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I´m sorry, how many people died in Iraq because of food and medical sanctions as to people who died by Saddam´s hands? Research it buddy.

Well, if the over $5 billion in bribes and payoffs got to the Iraqi people instead of to the corrupt UN officials and Saddam's bank accounts those people would still be alive.

alt

U.N. officials suspected of taking bribes from Saddam as part of oil program.
    United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for a full investigation into a scandal involving the United Nation's Oil-for-Food program.
    (ABCNEWS.com)
    Monumental Rip-Off? Allegations of Widespread Corruption Involve Saddam Hussein, U.N. Senior Officials
    By Brian Ross

April 20 ? At least three senior United Nations officials are suspected of taking multimillion-dollar bribes from the Saddam Hussein regime, U.S. and European intelligence sources tell ABCNEWS.

One year after his fall, U.S. officials say they have evidence, some in cash, that Saddam diverted to his personal bank accounts approximately $5 billion from the United Nations Oil-for-Food program.

In what has been described as the largest humanitarian aid effort ever undertaken, the U.N. Oil-for-Food program began in 1996 to help Iraqis who were suffering under sanctions imposed following the first Gulf War.

The program allowed Iraq to sell limited amounts of oil, under supposedly tight U.N. supervision, to finance the purchase of much-needed humanitarian goods.

Most prominent among those accused in the scandal is Benon Sevan, the Cyprus-born U.N. undersecretary general who ran the program for six years.

In an interview with ABCNEWS last year, Sevan denied any wrongdoing.

"Well, I can tell you there have been no allegations about me," he said. "Maybe you can try to dig it out." And in a Feb. 10 statement, Sevan challenged those making the allegations to "come forward and provide the necessary documentary evidence" and present it to U.N. investigators.

But documents have surfaced in Baghdad, in the files of the former Iraqi Oil Ministry, allegedly linking Sevan to a pay-off scheme in which some 270 prominent foreign officials received the right to trade in Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices.

"It's almost like having coupons of bonds or shares. You can sell those coupons to other people who are normal oil traders," said Claude Hankes-Drielsma, a British adviser to the Iraq Governing Council.

Investigators say the smoking gun is a letter to former Iraqi oil minister Amer Mohammed Rasheed, obtained by ABCNEWS and not yet in the hands of the United Nations.

• D8TA
    D8TA
    he was highly critical of Israel's handling of the unrest in the occupied territories.

And I am very highly critical of the U.S., does that make me a terrorist????

It was alleged in an Israeli military court in the Gaza Strip this week that he had gone much further and given about 4,000 Pounds (pds) to the fundamentalist Islamic movement, Hamas.

Does somebody want to point out the word that makes a difference in this sentence...I said PROOF...not ALLEGATIONS!

To drive a point home Xena, if I go to a MILITARY COURT THAT OPPOSES your beliefs and allegate that you are a child molester...is my allegation true?

Another IAP brochure, authored by Yusef Islam, formerly known as the singer Cat Stevens before he converted to Islam, contains plain old anti-Semitism: "The Jews seem neither to respect God nor his creation. Their own holy books contain the curse of God brought upon them by their prophets on account of their disobedience to Him and mischief in the earth. We have seen the disrespect for religion displayed by those who consider themselves to be 'God's chosen people.' ... There will be no justice until all the land is given back to its rightful owners ... Only Islam can bring peace back to the Holy Land..." From his home in Great Britain, Islam/Stevens has also raised tens of thousands of dollars for Hamas, in cooperation with the British fundraising arm of Hamas, known as the Relief Fund for Lebanon and Palestine.

We want that brochure, in full and not taken out of context...and even with this presentation...show me the proof in where he is supporting and promoting violence...one more time...against the U.S. These are ALLEGATIONS, where are the records the brocure in full? The transactions? This is a quote from testimony from one man on terrorism with allegations. There are still a number of questions as to his connections to Hamas.

Now...again: Without Rushdie and Israel...why is this man a threat to national security of the United States?

Roy Batty you are justifying your country´s bullying and I need nothing more to see that you support an oppressive regime. Your opinion.

• Xena
    Xena

Interesting. All I posted were a few articles showing an alternative perspective. No comment on my part one way or another about how I felt about them but several people assumed things regardless.

I'm still looking at various aspects of it before I make an informed decision about how I feel about this. You might try it some time.

• lawrence
    lawrence

On the eve of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, the U.S. packs crates for 5,000 bombs to be sent to Israel. The US Hadassah and Jewish Leagues send gelt/$$$$ everyday to Israel to buy weapons, not the trees I thought I was planting as a kid with money collected for synagogues and the Bnai Brith. But that is okay. It's like when the US let the Serbs arm to the teeth, and now they have their buddy in a jail. Talk about two-faced and forked tongues. Then again, remember the song, "selling dynamite to the Arabs, while selling guns to the Jews."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit