If Jehovah's Witnesses Were To Have A Spin-Off Religion, What Would It Be?

by minimus 106 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Nos, why is it interesting to you that we have a Bible Student on board???

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

R.R.,

I'm curious. In ZWT (Nov. 15, 1899), page 287 appears an article entitled "Kind Words For Millennial Dawn, Vol. V." In it are listed reviews by different papers throughout the U.S., several mentioning Russell as author. Since you say that Russell's name is not on titlepages of his works, than the colporteurs or someone was making it well known. And Russell, by putting this in the WATCH TOWER, is making it known to an even wider audience. So, what good did it do to write anonymously when everyone knew that he was the author? Appearance of humilty? Or trying to be different from other reIigious writers? I don't get it.

P.S. Have you seen this link yet?

http://www.jude3.net/images_alcyone.htm

The title page of this copy (Vol. 3) is 1915 and the copyright page contains Russell's name. So, who said, that it is only in 1917 after his death that Russell's name begins to appear in the Studies?

• RR
    RR

My mistake Ken, I checked some of my volumes and his name appears in small lettering on the copyright page. The names however do not appear at the bottom of the Forewords.

RR

• minimus
    minimus

Kenneson, it's the same as Russell never saying he was not the Faithful Slave but allowing everyone else to believe it.

• RR
    RR
    Nos, why is it interesting to you that we have a Bible Student on board???

I may not be on much longer, I realize sitting here for hours posting and defending my actions is taking time away from more important things. So I'll fade away ... RR

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, RR, I hope you don't do this. Your posts have helped me understand the Bible Students a lot more.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Jehovah's Apostate Witnesses - we're the same

Eeeeek!!! Speak for yourself ... I'm not the same ... at all!!!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit