MY DISASSOCIATION LETTER please read

by josephus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Jack and welcome!

I look forward to your future posts, but can I ask that you use a larger font? I'm too vain to buy reading glasses.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

For some of us, fading away isn't an option--at least not yet anyway. There's no way I can fade away, not surrounded by two generations of family and all the friends I've ever known in my life. The only way I could fade away would be to move far away and sever all ties to everyone I've ever known.

• kimbo
    kimbo

King Saul the Great

is mad

bye.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is far better than I would do. You don't waste time arguing with them. They can debate their doctrines but they can't dismiss your feelings. No one can know your feelings except you. Your letter is very moving. When you wrote about the effect of their teachings on ordinary people, I was ready to cry.

I'm curious as to how many of these they receive. Frankly, I don't think the important part is informing them. Being able to put your feelings and publish them to the society has to be therapeutic. Your letter is short. It will prob. be read. Putting keyboard to computer is the important part, IMO>

• JamesWHudson
    JamesWHudson

Great letter,I felt like writing one but who cares, I left and will not bow down to any of their childish tactics.

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

great letter.... I liked that you sent it to the body in the city, not to your body of Elders...

• LV101
    LV101

awesome job --- and thanks for sharing.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i would also send a copy to your local boe.the letter will probably be discarded before it reaches the elitists.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

That's a fine letter Josephus . . . comprehensive but not exhaustive. Personally I hate the term "dissociation" . . . you have no need to 'dissociate' from anybody . . . nor does your resignation mean you are separated from God and Christ (apostate) . . . you may consider making that clear?

Writing such a letter is a good thing to do . . . the more they hear what you are saying the better . . . regardless of what they might think.

I would endorse the suggestion to cc to any local congregations you have associated with depending on your personal circumstances.

Do keep us posted . . . all the best.

Luvonyall

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Oh Dear . . . did anyone else notice after posting that this thread started 6 years ago? . . . oh well

Luvonyall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit