Reasons Why We LOVE This Place

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I love it because it makes me think....about JW issues and non JW issues. I get all kinds of different perspectives, insights and information on everything from child abuse to politics, dating to canning and from the bible to science. It has caused me to rethink a lot of things and I believe made me a more open minded articulate person.

On top of that I have met some of the most amazing people and traveled to places I probably wouldn't have gone if I had not known them through this site.

Thank you to Simon & Ang and all the people who make this site such a great place to come.

• toreador
    toreador

I agree with the reasons posted so far. Thanks Simon and Angarhad. Its a place to bounce ideas around and have them bounced back.

Tor

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You know Minimus, I love this place too. It is constantly an enjoyment to read the things that are happening in peoples lives since leaving that notorius organization.

I have been uplifted in spirit when feeling depressed. I have laughed my head off and cryed with pain joy and sorrow of each on the board.

I have not been in here in a while, as I have been really not well. I have a difficult time to type now as the pain in my arm hand and shoulder is unbearable and so thats why I have been scarce. Oh how I wish I had a program where I could tell the computer what I wanted it to do and type if for me. My son says there is a program but it is very costly.

I miss reading your questions reasons responeses and l laugh with each thing you post MINIMUS , you rock friend. I would love to meet you one day and for that matter everyone I would like to meet.

I read profiles and my heart goes out to so many of you. Y ou have courage and many have opened their hearts to tell us t heir stories in life.

You make my day. I don't think I will ever stop coming here as I consider a part of my life. I have a life outside of the JWD of course but, for my sanity I come to JWD.

Words can't express my graditude to Anagard and Simon. Yo u two are the greatest. I wish I had extra money to help defry some of the cost to functoin this site. I imagine it is quite expensive. God bless you both for your love unto us.

Love Orangefatcat.

• Nat-Oz
    Nat-Oz

ummm.......to pick up guys?!

hehe!

• Panda
    Panda

I love this place too. Making new friends and hearing about old friends. Arguing with (mostly) intelligent people and no one going off in a huff. I enjoy everyone's comments. We don't all agree or pretend to agree as we would've in the WTS. Simon doesn't make us underline our answers either.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Because it's ok to have a different opinion then everyone else, and you're not going to be shunned for it!

Kwin

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

This is the only place where I can talk to people who've had many of the same experiences as me, and lived to tell about them. I have a wonderful boyfriend who's been a great sounding-board through this transition I've made (from jw to xjw). However, he was never a witness, and I get frustrated having to explain to him all the terminology, because, let's face it, dubs do have their own language. And trying to explain the nuances of witness social interaction is pretty daunting, too. Here, y'all know what I'm talking about.

Also, I don't sleep much, and it's nice to be able to hang out in chat or look over the active topics at 3am, rather than stare at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I love this place. I really do! Where else can you find fun, friends, research and the "pulse" of JWs and exes? When we come on board here, we realize that we all share different things that expose us to why we're out or in the process of getting out. This place continues to evolve for the better!!!

That's the most profound thing I've ever read. I was told that you have said that you post this way so you can learn. Be sure and take notes, because this topic is very deep.

Farkel

• Golf
    Golf

I have plenty on my plate, going to other sites is not bag. I've said before and I'll say it again, I visit this site for ideas. The site is maturing.

When I play competive golf, its about competition. When I come to this site its not about competition. The real action is on the field not cyber-space. If everyone stays in bounds, it makes for friendship and respect not competition.

Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, did you say nothing (again)???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit