Who are these elders???

by freakshow 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Copernicus
    Copernicus
    These strutting banty roosters lord it over the congregation like the psychopaths they are. Quite a few are pederasts. All of 'em are jackasses. Their wives are plainly unbearable. Their children should be boxed up and shipped to deepest, darkest Africa. Little hellions.

You don't really want to get to know them. They're really bad people: bad breath, B.O., mis-matched socks, they've got it all. Stay away from 'em, they're trouble.

Hey Francoise – I must take one exception to your rant. My socks were NEVER mismatched! My unbearable wife (I’ve since divorced her) made sure of it! And I dare you to prove otherwise! ROTFL

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Princess, your dad was probably one of the true, genuine article. However, elders like him have a hard time staying with the fold because of all the bullshit they have to put up, so they step down or leave. Not that anyone can blame him.

Sometimes I wonder what the organization would be like if the good elders would have stuck around and tried to reform things. Unfortunately, they would have been a small minority to the self-righteous, egotistical, power-hungry, mother-!@#$%^& (sorry) hypocritical group that now runs the show in most congregations. As you can see, I don't have much respect for elders, haven't met too many that were decent.

My point is this...the good ones don't last very long.

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

OrangeBlossom - I apprecated your thought here:

Sometimes I wonder what the organization would be like if the good elders would have stuck around and tried to reform things.

But I'd have to say. . .

From my perspective at the time – I’d say there is no possibility for any single elder, or group of elders for that matter, to effect reform of even the slightest magnitude in the WTS. The most that one could do, at the congregational level, was to try and mitigate some of the bullshit pulled by the various idiots on the local body.

In my experience, elders were constantly scrutinized by their own, with very few deviations going unnoticed for long. Eventually, if you persist in going against the groupthink, you are branded a rebel, castigated by dip-shit CO’s, isolated, and then removed under some imagined or contrived pretext. Or you simply give up in disgust and step down of your own volition.

For instance, I often had serious misgivings about presenting certain material forced upon us by the WTS (many public talk outlines and KM parts are notoriously questionable). After making my feelings known, the only reaction was to dismiss me from presenting the offensive part(s), and then assign some other mature elder (read: Society ass-kisser) whose more “flexible conscience” would “allow” him to do the job. This scenario applies across the board in all instances when handling congregational matters.

I’ll also never forget how while out in field service, discussion would often come up between us over the need to “shepherd” so-and-so. Perhaps they were sick, or in some other type of need. The reluctance to break away from completely unprofitable door knocking to tend to the “flock” was a sure sign of an elder who had missed the boat – in my opinion.

It’s very sad really. We often had opportunities to actually HELP some people, but the focus just isn’t on it. Only during the CO visits was there any real interest in visiting ones missing in action, and then only to bring the weight of the CO’s authority to bear upon them. Very sad indeed. But in the org, you’re only as good as your last time slip.

Oh well. . .

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Thanks Copernicus,

You stated that the way I wanted to.

• Flip
    Flip

Hi Cop,

But in the org, you’re only as good as your last time slip.

Oh well. . .

The same as most other mundane employment.

Only instead of a paycheck, you receive conterfeit ideas for your efforts while the WTBTS or whatever you call it these days, expands its real estate and investment empire.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing... :)

Flip

• Copernicus
    Copernicus
    Only instead of a paycheck, you receive conterfeit ideas for your efforts while the WTBTS or whatever you call it these days, expands its real estate and investment empire.

What a scam. . . hey, Flip.

I was so glad to hear about the WTS being forced to pay retirement benefits to German bethel workers (and I hope that's just the beginning). Slave labor is slave labor, I don't care what kind of religious bullshit they wrap it in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit