Part II of Survey! Please Respond Again.Thank's.

by Big Jim 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

11-12 -- 4 hrs week for 40 weeks = 160 hrs
    16-33 -- 10 hrs week for 104 weeks = 8550 hrs
    33 -- 2 hrs for 20 weeks = 40 hrs
    occassional aux pioneer 20 weeks = 1600 hrs
    TOTAL = 10350

Lordy what a waste of time and thankfully not one person joining the borg

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Prisca said, "Never had a study from field service, or got anyone baptised. At the time I felt a a failure, now I'm VERY happy that I don't have that hanging over my conscience!"

My sentiments exactly!

I probably averaged 4 hours per month if you take in account the 2 times I auxillary pioneered.

At all of the assemblies they always used the phrase, "only go in field service enough to hate it" and that aptly applied to me. So in an effort to like service, I tried to pioneer one month...hated it!

I avoided service at all costs. However, I never minded informal witnessing, when it was a natural exchange of conversation. I felt I accomplished more in that situation. In fact, when I went back to work after my children were all in school, I found that my hours on my time slip increased from all of the informal witnessing. I often thought to myself, why doesn't the society encourage more sisters to hit the work force, there sure as hell isn't anyone at home anymore during the day. We use to drive around 3 hours going from apartment complex to trailer park, knocking on 1 door and leaving so that we wouldn't get thrown out. All that gas wasted since most of the people were not home anyway. I would come home after 3 hours of service, not speaking to one person.

Just think, if all of the sisters that are now pioneering were to actually go get a job, they would not only increase the number of hours that they actually "witnessed" but look at all the extra money they could donate to the "world-wide work." Hmmm!

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

I was brought up in the truth from the age of 3.

From age 5-16years = averaged 4 hours a month.
    16-23 = 3 hours months average.
    Auxilary pioneered for 1 month = (I was in reality just a chauffer driving around a regular auxilary from one coffee call to another)

Left organisation in Oct 00 at age of 23, taking my 2 year old with me. (She is NOT getting involved with it) My parents and brothers have also left the org at around the same time. I am currently working on my husband!!

Brought no-one into the organisation.

Enlighted UK

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

I have been away out of town so I have not been able to compile results from my first survey, however I would be gratefull for some more input on this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• jurs
    jurs

I was baptized in 1994 and left in 2001. I averaged 6-10 hours a month. I brought no one in. jurs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

In my ten years or so of publishing (or peddling) I never spent more than 9 hours a month at it. Usually, it was just the bare minimum, especially towards the end. Unsurprisingly, I never converted anyone.

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

• MuzicmanCa
    MuzicmanCa

From the time I was about 10 until the time I moved out at 18, I was obligated by my family to go out every Saturday and would put in about 10 hours a month. But once I moved out unitil I was DF'd at 26, I think I went out in service mabe thirty times total. I HATED going door to door, bothing people at their private homes. I couldn't stand the thought of being a source of nuisance to people when most just don't want anything to do with us. But I wanted to maintain a good "image" (isn't that how you can tell a "spiritual person" in the WTS, by looking at their documented records and their appearance?) So I always just lied and said about 20 hrs/month. Too bad I was df'd I almost made it to MS...bummer...what a disappointment...NOT!!! Certainly never brought anyone into the WTS.

Muzicman

• Imagine
    Imagine

Hours, I did as little as possible, hated every minute of it. My Husband always did the average, around 10 to 15 hours a month.
    We were in for 20 years and quit going one and half years ago.
    We brought our two children into "the truth", but fortunately they left before we did. Smart kids!
    We didn't convert anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit