The Stones Will Cry Out

by Poztate 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

On another thread Johnny Crip said this

off the top of my head . in the golden age they used the verse about the stones crying out. to prove that radio, with it's tubes made of different minerials etc. was a forfullment of this prophecy.

I have a different thought about how they felt this was fulfilled in Canada. I could be wrong (hard to believe) but it seems to me that in the late 20s or early 30s they had a habit of painting bible verses or bible thoughts on large rocks by the side of highways and other roads. This also fufilled the prophecy about the stones crying out.I don't think I am making this up as it is something I have known for over 40 years but was it local to parts of Canada or more widespread???

• kls
    kls

Youre kidding right ? I mean really on rocks?

• Poztate
    Poztate

KlS...Nope not kidding... but don't know if this was just a local thing or not. Ontario OR BC Canada anyone heard this one??

Blondie ...we need you..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sound like typical WT logic to me,,hey if the trumpet blast of revelation can be talks and declarations at conventions from 1922-1928,,why should this interpretation of scripture be so surprising.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Poztate

I can see them saying something like that, if there was a scripture grafittied on some rocks. I grew up a jw in alberta, and i never saw them or heard of them spray paintung rocks, though. But, in god's country ontario, it could be. I could see bc jws doing it if it gave them a thrill. I had a thrilling time during my yr long stay in bc.

S

• r51785
    r51785

I believe that this scripture is fulfilled when I see the JW's standing mutely in front of the donut shop holding up their Watchtowers. They are as silent as stones, as immovable as stones and unthinking as stones. This makes them members of the antitypical stone class, "spiritual stoners" as it were.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I grew up a jw in alberta, and i never saw them or heard of them spray paintung rocks, though. But, in god's country ontario, it could be. I could see bc jws doing it if it gave them a thrill.

I lived in Alberta for quite a while also but never heard of the painting on rocks there.

The more I think about it the more I believe it is a B.C. story.For anyone not familiar with B.C. it is a very mountainous area.There would be lots of chances for a little graffiti work there...back then nobody thought much about defacing rocks with slogans and scripture.Once again I heard this story when I was young...a long time ago and believe it to be true but might have been limited to a small area and small number of people.They didn't have the same amount of control on the congs as they have now so it might have just been some one interpeting the scripture for themselves.

hey if the trumpet blast of revelation can be talks and declarations at conventions from 1922-1928,,why should this interpretation of scripture be so surprising.

I think this crap has never been taken back so it must still be the TRUTH?

This makes them members of the antitypical stone class, "spiritual stoners" as it were.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The scripture is obviously referring to the ROLLING stones, and their "crying out" would refer to the string of hits that they would release during the last days.

• myelaine
    myelaine

poztate.

When I was growing up in Yellowknife N.W.T., there were scriptures painted on a lot of the rocks, large rock faces actually.

I hadn't even remembered it until you mentioned it. I guess it is hard to say if it is prophetic, but it doesn't hurt, does it?

michelle

• Annanias
    Annanias

Maybe they mean Fred and Barney?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit