Gall Bladder....Is yours in or out?

by morty 31 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

So here's the deal and question......

About 9 years ago I had pain so bad it sent me to Emergency to find out what was going on...Needless to say they admitted me to find out what was going on because I had pain like this 3 times before but did not go to the hospital...I ended up going to the OR to have my gall bladder removed and remained in the hospital for a total of 11 days....When all was said and done they said I was curred now and would never experince that kind of pain again... ( I was eating KFC when the pain started. Since then I have not touched the stuff)

Yesterday we headed to our local fair and hubby and I decided to have a couple of cocktails while the kids were on some rides...All of a sudden that pain started again....It all came back to me...Pain so bad that I was sweating and felt sick to my stomach...Have you had gall bladder attacks after your gall bladder was taken out?

I do watch what I eat but, I donot indulge on a regular bases. Do you think the cocktails( only 1 and a half was drank) would have stirred up the pain? Looking for your comments and or experince in reguards to the useless GALL BLADDER....I wonder why we were given it to function as a human being yet we can survive without it??

Morty of the no gall bladder class

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((morty))) - btw - saw your comments, and I will get with ya soon!

I also had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, and have had a couple of those types of attacks since. As the gall bladder's function is to store bile when it's not being used, it's possible that due to whatever combination of food, activity and drink you had, your body made a little too much ....I don't know if one can develop gall stones if they don't have a gall bladder, but if the pain continues you should probably have your doctor check it out.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Morty, I haven't had my gall bladder out....they wanted to take it out about 15 yrs ago, but I declined.....and found a gall bladder cleanse that got rid of the gall stones, which were causing the pain and problems....

The fact, Morty, that your pain occurred when you were having a drink makes me think....liver.....

Now....the thing I discovered is that when your gall bladder needs cleansing....so does your LIVER.....try a good liver cleanse...you can find a terrific one at your local health food store....BUT....I'd check out that pain with the doc first.

Frannie B

• morty
    morty

(((petty)))

So glad to see you around again..

• morty
    morty

thanks Frannie.....I never thought about it being my liver....will look into a cleanse

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I had my Gall Bladder take out over twelve years ago and have never had the pain again. The pain itself is caused when one of the stones gets stuck in the duct. If you have no Gall Bladder, you have no stones thefore the pain you are feeling is casued by something else.

Also, protien is what casues the Gall Bladder to make to much bile which causes the stones get stuck in the ducts. Peanut butter always set mine into action.

Morton Said: I ended up going to the OR to have my gull bladder removed and remained in the hospital for a total of 11 days
    WOW, that was a really long time in the hospital. When I had mine taken out I was only in for two days. They said they had never seen anyone up and about so early after the surgery.
  • pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Now that is weird - the way they do it nowadays - I was out after 1 night (the Anesthesiologist just needed to make sure no after affects from the anesthesia).

I didn't know that about the protein WH! thanks! Guess I'm gonna have to do a liver cleansing too!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Rhonda, I always ask questions when someone is going to cut my body. Besides, health was my best subject in school. I've always been very inetrested in how the body functions.

• morty
    morty

Wild....I was in the hospital for 4 or 5 days before they decided to operate....So that did take up alot of it...They did alot of testing first....

You were really quick out of the hospital...Now did you have it done the old way, or the new way with the scope??

I did not relise that alot of protein caused this....I just stopped a low carb/high protein diet. This may explain alot now.....Thank-you for that information....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Morty, I had the Laparoscopic Surgery. I have three small incisions is all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit