I just finished Crisis of Conscience...

by Badger 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Badg - you might really enjoy In Search of Christian Freedom - which is a terrificly freeing book. The only thing I wished differenct about CoC was that Ray would over and over say "...over a personal conversation about the bible and beliefs" and didn't elaborate about those conversations with specific individuals. But of course I'm eternally grateful to Ray for having the courage.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Knowledge is power, welcome to the know!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - it was the excellent style written almost out of pity for the WTBTS - i.e waht they had become - and not written out of business - and of course what I like is so true as the WTBTS and the Bible says "And the Truth will set you free"

• evergreen
    evergreen

I read this book twice within 2 weeks even writing down highlights as i had to use the one from the library.

I was blown away by what i read and all the mystery and scandal of inside BETHEL NY came flowing out.

I always wondered what all this stuff about what happened there in 1980 and it all made sense now .

It had a profound effect on the congregations in Ireland where i came from and the witnesses always kept going on about the apostasy and the 2 "apostates" John may and Martin Merriman.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Is there anything in this book on whether the GB travel and vacation like Donald Trump?

Ex: 1st class and 5 star resorts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit