Do you open the mail, even if it's not addressed to you?

by Maverick 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I *NEVER* open another person's mail.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Its a federal offence, for one.

But Mr. jwbot and I never have that issue. If it looks important and its for him...I will get curious but I will ask him first. If he says no...I will just have to find out when he gets home to see what it was. Same goes for him. We are very respectful of each others things while at the same time, we share.

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

I open bill and stuff. I never open personal letters addressed only to my husband though. When I was a teenager, my mom used to steam open my letters, read them, seal them and then give them to me. The violation of privacy made me crazy, I would never do that to anyone!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Of course not.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, jwbot, it's not a federal offense to open the mail IF you are married and residing at the same household. DMV will even give you a printout of the spouse's dmv record if you have the same last name and have the same address on record.

• Purza
    Purza

Always. BF gets stuff and it takes him about three days to open -- I am not that patient. He gets a lot of letters from his ex's attorney and I rip those open right away -- and decifer the legal stuff for him. He could care less whether I open his mail or not -- so I do.

Purza

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank y-all for your comments. Judging by the range of answers it is not a given that people will respect your privacy on this matter of mail. In a fledgling relationship is would be wise to ASK your partner how they feel about opening the mail. Maverick

• RR
    RR

I can't, I'd go to jail if I did ... I work for the Post Office!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit