Were you illegally disfellowshipped?

by hubert 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• actress_nic
    actress_nic

Yes as far as I'm concerned. If not doing anything wrong and nothing being proved counts. I asked them to show me where it says in the bible that I wasn't allowed to speak to a married man (yes that is what it was!) they showed me some bizarre scripture in Job which they twisted to mean that I had to do what they wanted. I said that if they proved that talking to him was a disfellowshipping offence - I'm not gonna ignore the guy if he comes up to me in the street. Why should I? Nothing had happened - I hadn't kissed him or anything! - then if they proved it then I would do it. So they came up with Job. I said to them that what they were saying is that they could ask me to do anything they wanted and even if they couldn't prove it scripturally, I had no choice but to go along with it or be disfellowshipped. You know what? They said "YES"!!!! There were no witnesses to anything but another "sister" who was commiting adultery with a ministerial servant, tried to cover their indiscretions up by trying to be perfect little witnesses and make up stories about me and this guy which weren't true. They were believed, I wasn't, I was out. That was 10 years ago and I've never looked back. It proved to me everything that I needed to know.

• hubert
    hubert

nb-dfed.... IMHO, that certainly isn't a "legal" reason to disfellowship you. It looks like the w.t. uses any reason at all to keep the flock in line.

actress_nic.... Welcome to the board, as I see this is your first post.

If you create your own (story) thread, others will know you are here, and welcome you into the forum. I am fairly new here too, and I am learning a great deal about how the "org." really treat their members. I thought I knew a lot about it before I came here, and found out I have only scratched the surface.

I have a daughter who is in Bible study with the j.w.'s, and I'm trying my best to make her see that it is just a cult. Not much progress yet, but I'm working on it, and because of these fine people in this forum, I'm coming up with new ideas all the time.

nb-dfed and actress_nic... Can I ask if you were shunned by your family because of the disfellowshipping, and how it affected you at the time?

Thanks for your response..... Hubert

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Depends.....is it illegal to disfellowship/cut off/essentially "kill" someone for calling their religious leaders "white-washed graves" and "hypocrites?"

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit