ExJW Dad Sues Watchtower Over Deception Causing Murder

by oneofmany 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Newspaper Update Yahoo JW news alert.

Jehovah's Witnesses sued by Calgary father over cancer death of teen daughter Open this result in new window Canada.com - 32 minutes ago CALGARY (CP) - A Calgary man suing the Jehovah's Witnesses, claiming they contributed to his daughter's death by encouraging her to avoid life-saving blood transfusions, said Friday his lawsuit is for her and for his family.

• Undaunted Danny
  • Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Today off of google news alerts.

Here we have it documented, in case the WT$ flip-flops and denies their bogus blood ban.

Saving blood
    AZ Central.com, AZ - 6 hours ago
    ... For certain faiths, there is little choice. Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, refuse donated blood and even their own blood once it has left their bodies. ...

Saving blood
    Arizona Republic, AZ - 8 hours ago
    ... For certain faiths, there is little choice. Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, refuse donated blood and even their own blood once it has left their bodies. ...
  • seven006
    seven006

The only way this kind of crime is going to be stopped is not suing the criminals who hide behind the law like the JW's, but rather to work on changing the law itself. The JW's say they are no part of this world but they continually hide behind the protection of it's laws.

It would be a long and tiring process but laws do get changed when and if you get a law maker behind you. Start the process in the way any new law is written and changed and eventually you may have a chance.

The Watchtower cannot fight this. Their stance about staying out of government will force them to sit on the side lines and watch, or break their own self proclaimed isolation form the world (again, UN issue) and show them to be the hypocrites and liars they are if they try to intervene in the law making process. The JW's have run and flip flopped and turned on the"new light switch" when it came to legal issues exposing their bullshit. The now "voting is a conscience issue" starting in France is a prime example of using their spineless and weak "god inspired" stance on one of their long time "set in cracked cement" doctrines.

Religion has hid behind the freedom of religion bullshit for too long. Issues like this where laws are change are usually have the bill and law named after the victim. That would bring a lot of unwanted attention to the watchtowers asinine beliefs when it comes to encouraging death to try and prove a point based on a twisted opinion and tagged as a religious doctrine.

Stop fighting the JW's when they continue to hide behind the law. Work on changing the law. A loved ones death is a good incentive to make law makers think and react.

Dave

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

seven006 ; good points, but keep in mind the wt has used the u.s. and canada courts etc. to have laws changed in favor of many of their stances. ie. flag, door to door , freedom of speech etc. the wt uses a back door approach in politics. they fight it out in courts. and courts are nothing more than the legal arm of the political rulers at hand. the wt has been running this scam that they are not political for the last 80 years. just look what they have been doing in eastern europe, africa , etc for the last 20 years. they cry to the u.n. and any other world court ( all appointed by political leaders ) they can get to listen to them. that's why i'm so happy when this non political ( gov't of jehovah) group. gets their ass kicked. all over the x soviet union , france etc. they want to go to bed with babylon, some times you take it in the back door! ouch!!!!!!! john

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    I read the story over the weekend and asked myself, "I wonder if the change in the blood doctrine (ie blood fractions) will have any effect on the court case?. As far as I understand, they were not allowed in 2002, but are allowed today. Jahna

If i'm not mistaken, the change in blood doctrine has been since June 2000 in a Question from Readers article.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Great article you posted there Joker10...too bad most of what was said in it was already contained in the original article that oneofmany posted. And besides, what else is the defense supposed to say "oh I don't think we have a chance". This is ridiculous, of course they're gonna say that they're going to win.

But my gut tells me that this whole lawsuit isn't about the money, it's just about giving negative publicity for the WTBTS of Canada. You can see that by this statement:

The statement of claim, which contains allegations yet to be proven in court, said was encouraged to not question her beliefs during prayer services held in her hospital room. At one point, said the document, Arliss Hughes tried to pull intravenous lines from 's arm.

"These defendants unduly influenced Bethany to prevent her from questioning her belief system ? that it was against God's law to take a blood transfusion and that if she did, she would be eternally damned by God and not survive Armageddon," reads the statement.

Like the lawyer for the JWs said, all those points have already been discussed in the divorce trial, however this time around, this trial will actually get media attention, and thus a chance to expose the WTS's coercive tactics on their followers. As long as the media keeps focusing on this story until the end is already an incredible amount of publicity that is going to reach the general public. Most people when they think of JWs say that they won't take blood transfusions, and that they let their kids die because of it. Now they're actually going to see which methods are used to make members comply with the rules, and then the public will gain a greater understanding of what this "religion" is all about.

Nocturne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit