Would you attend your own DF'ing/DA announcement?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

Would I attend my own DF'ing announcement? Mmmmmm.....probably not. I know and realize how important it was for many of you to attend your own announcement, particularly those who had friends, family and who took it very seriously. I respect that, and I cannot comprehend how painful it must of been for some of you. As for me, well.....I was an outsider and I had virtually no true friends by the time I left. It held no intrinsic importance, so for me, a dfi'ing would be no more effective than a pre-pubescent girl taking down a picture off the wall of guy she had a crush on, tearing it up and throwing it in the trash. In fact, I would be amazed at the very notion that these people would think my "pressence" would be a danger to their surroundings considering the fact I haven't attended in years.... however, in the off chance I was passing through, I'd probably crash the event, bring along a few beers, and record it as a tacky novelty conversational piece...

BTW, tonight I'm making an announcement that all of the elders... (sniff!).... from my congregation.... (double sniff!!) ..... will be disfellowshipped from "my congregation"....MANNNNNNNN (LOL), this will have everyone (actually no one in particular) talking.......

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL! Did I mention I'm glad you're here Preston?

• Preston
    Preston

Thank you Chevy, it's nice to know that there's a place where I can feel welcome...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was there for my first public reproving, there for my DFing, missed my reinstatement for the Stanley Cup playoffs, and was there for my second public reproving all in that order. Thinking back, I wish I had made a scene. Maybe I'll have to formally DA myself so I can. Any ideas on what a good scene would consist of? Something original. Give me some time!

Touqie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Dispublishersized"?

I think you have just invented a new word for the Dub vocabulary!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The elders knew we were coming. They obviously didn't expect us to show up in jeans (mine were super low riders showing my tattoo) and t-shirts (mine was cropped showing my

You guys had a lot of class.Stick it to them...get in their face and laugh at their little anouncement..It's all CRAP.

Oh ...Sorry Princess...I just noticed part of your quote didn't show up...

Poz.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I haven't attended in years.... however, in the off chance I was passing through, I'd probably crash the event, bring along a few beers, and record it as a tacky novelty conversational piece...

Hey Preston,

Damm...Never thought of that...Just when they are ready to announce you pull a Budweiser out of your pants and crack it loudly.

I am sure every elder there will know that sound (WELL)

Poz.

• Preston
    Preston

Hey Poz,

If they let me, I could turn the magazine counter into a makeshift bar...

Who wants an apple-tini!

• pratt1
    pratt1

I attended my DF.

Two reasons.

1. My family and friends were going to be there and I knew how tough the occassion was going to be for them. Therefore I went to support them.

2. I wasn't about to let those small minded elders think that they defeated me. I sat right in the front of the hall, and after they read my name out, I got up and walked over to my mother and gave her a big kiss, and then I held my head up high and walked out of the Kingdom Hall. I wasn't repentant and I had no regrets.

P.S. As I drove home, I did shed a tear or two - I guess it was the death of one life and the birth of a new one.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Margie,

Have you thought about how you're going to respond?

This was my reply...short and sweet.

Mom,

I did it to show support to a friend. Dad had nothing to do with this.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

I learned long ago to never engage her in conversation about dub issues. It's the biggest waste of time. She replied with another long ranting guilt trip e-mail about what a disappointment I am. I am going to ignore it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit