A sign of the times?

by DocBob 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• DocBob
    DocBob

Early this morning I put out three signs advertising the JW exposure seminar that will take place in Tewksbury MA this Friday. I placed them strategically on the approach routes to two different kingdom halls. When I checked them later in the day, two of them were gone and a new real estate sign was placed right in front of the third.

When I called the guy who is organizing the seminar, he said that several of the signs he had put up had also been ripped off. A couple of them were nailed to phone poles, high enough that he had to use a ladder. Who do you think would bother with climbing up a phone pole just to rip off a sign? ;-)

• Valis
    Valis

hiya doc...maybe you could stake out one of your signs and find out who's taking your signs down..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• codeblue
    codeblue

Valis, great idea!!!!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the same thing, stake out a sign. Three people of this caliber can all have the same idea without it being a good one.

• Scully
    Scully

You could have a little fun by staking out a sign with a webcam and a set of speakers.

As you see someone approaching to take down a sign, bellow over the speakers: GET AWAY FROM THE SIGN, THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CALLED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH VANDALISM AND MISCHIEF. If you know the person, use their full name right at the beginning.

Be close by so you can offer the person a clean set of underwear.

Love, Scully

• DocBob
    DocBob
    You could have a little fun by staking out a sign with a webcam and a set of speakers.

As you see someone approaching to take down a sign, bellow over the speakers: GET AWAY FROM THE SIGN, THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CALLED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH VANDALISM AND MISCHIEF. If you know the person, use their full name right at the beginning.

Be close by so you can offer the person a clean set of underwear.

Oh, I have something even better than that planned. I'll let you know after the fact ;-)

• blondie
    blondie

I can hardly wait!

• JH
    JH

It could be the angels... who took them down. They don't need ladders.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    hiya doc...maybe you could stake out one of your signs and find out who's taking your signs down..

Yup! And to increase your odds of catching someone, put it out on a route to a KH about and hour or so before the meeting begins.

Just sit and wait in your car with a video camera!

In most cities, tampering with a sign, even an illegal sign, is a criminal offence. (Only a city official can remove an illegal sign).

When you bust the guy, make a deal with the body of elders that if they will leave the signs alone you won't press charges against the individual to took/damaged the sign.

Also, make it a point to show the video at your conference for a good laugh.

• sf
    sf

{{{ Doc }}}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit