Elsewhere

"Stop bitching damnit! You are the happiest people in the world!!!"

• Golf
    Golf

I love it!

Guest 77

• twolips
    twolips

Yes , How happy we will be when the evil doers are dead...

I remember being at a watchtower study and the conductor said this so gleefully it made me shudder. Espically since my kids were not attending meetings , doing the typical teenage thing. I thought this man just doesnt get it , he in essence is talking about my family and their distruction. How insencitive!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is how the people are directed to be happy: "...we enjoy genuine happiness...No wonder we are happy!...To be truly happy, we must comply...our eternal happiness depends on our taking delight in God's law (read Watchtower)...if we are God-fearing (read Watchtower-fearing) individuals...when we are guided and spiritually sustained by Jehovah's holy spirit (read Jehovah's holy magazine)...if we take delight in God's law...as we pursue an upright course...We are joyful and fruitful...Since his purposes always succeed and we delight in his commandments, we prosper spiritually...Surely we are happy that such evildoers will soon be gone forever With them out of the way, people who take delight in Jehovah's law (read Watchtower) will be greatly blessed...if we are pursuing an upright course...what happiness we will experience if we are privileged to live on a paradise earth...

Scully, seriously, I would like a proper study done to find out, proportionally, how many Jehovah's Witnesses are on prescribed mood-altering drugs compared to the general population.

As for reactions by the congregation; if JWD chat is any indication, articles like this will further drive disaffected youth in to our lap. I gs wee ur gonna havta lurn to tawk thre language.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Mario, the word "apostate" is not in the bible. See 2 Corinthians 11:1-15 for a biblical reference. I like the Apologetics Index definition, at the link below.

An apostate is someone who abandons a previous loyalty (to a faith, movement, politcal party, etcetera).

You might also might enjoy Farkel's definition, which about sums up the Jehovah's Witness view.

"Apostate" - the most evil word in the JW lexicon. Worse than Satan, worse than demons. Say the word, and watch real TERROR well up in the eyes of a JW. (See "Internet")

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/a67.html

• Scully
    Scully

jgnat writes:

Scully, seriously, I would like a proper study done to find out, proportionally, how many Jehovah's Witnesses are on prescribed mood-altering drugs compared to the general population.

Just from personal observation where I work, I would say that 80-90% of female JWs of childbearing age are on anti-depressants. But that's a very small sample (maybe a dozen or so patients so far this year that I am aware of). In the general population, the depression ratio is somewhere between 10 and 20%.

The really sad thing is that clinically depressed JWs blame themselves or "the wickedness of The World?", rather than the burdensome belief system to which they ascribe. This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance in action: deep down they know something isn't right, yet they are terrified to appropriately attribute it to the actual root cause; instead they take it on themselves, and it manifests itself in physical and psychological symptoms like anxiety and depression.

Love, Scully

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Gagging ....extra big VOMIT alert on this one Blondie.

I'm happy you found a job and I hope it's working out well for you! Congratulations On Your New Job Hope Irrev is feeling better every day after his surgery. Get Well Soon Thinking about ya! Cathy

• mario
    mario

jgnat

Thank you.

mario

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

This study was pretty funny. First, they warn of the terrible things that will happen to apostates, that Jehovah will laugh when what they fear most happens to them. Then later, they say this is meant spiritually, not physically (some apostates might seem to prosper materially "for a time"). Oh. How lame. Kinda like the way they said Jesus was coming and then when it didn't physically happen, it must have happened spiritually. Yeah, right.

Actually, the opposite is probably true. Seems to me "apostates" are very spiritual people, probably more than they were before. And for the ones, like me, who might not believe in most religious things, at least I have an interest in knowing about its history and how it shapes the world today. That's more spiritual than I was before. The extent of my spirituality before was all about what I could or couldn't do around my JW friends and family. Otherwise, I didn't want to think about any of it.

And it's funny too, how the process of finding their "eternal happiness" is so freaking unnatural, they need to give advice on how to make bible reading something a person might actually like to do. Shouldn't that have been insulting to these people who take so much pride in their spirituality? That's like admitting they don't have any.

• cain
    cain

hello blondie - LMFAO - especially over the 1 day old babies and all 6 billion parts etc

tnx cain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit