Ask any JW this line of questioning.

by apocalypse 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I am going to tell a dub that I am applying for a job at http://www.baxtertransfusiontherapies.com

They do lots with doner blood. Yum yum.

They will be shocked!

I will ask "are you OK?"

They will express dismay.

I will say "Why?"

They will answer "blood and all that..."

I will say, hey, the WTS says it's a conscience matter to accept the stuff Baxter makes. Then how can you be offended?

• cornish
    cornish

I have tried this line of reasoning.The rules of normal logic dont seem to apply.

A well indoctorinated JW is so capable of applying the weirdest mental gymnastics so as not to face up to such absolutely stark double standards.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Quite right Cornish, (Lovely avatar , by the way)

The rules of normal logic dont seem to apply

My favourite is when the family discuss the issue and then say something like "of course if they take blood, it is a possible death sentence anyway because of all of the dangers and transmitted diseases"

- I have then said that they are free to take 'fractions' , and they agree.

"So where do the fractions come from?" I say...pause ,

They do not seem to have connected the two things.. If they take any part of donated blood , it must run the same risks, If the risk is really significant, that is ........I then generally get told that I am stupid and cannot see the point...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When it come to fractions, some don't even know what they are. I have been told by one very " spiritual sister " that fractions are really blood alternatives. She didin't know that the word "fraction" meant a part of.

wannaexit

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I'm going to donate blood for the first time in my life this Thursday! I'm sure I'll have less excitement after having a needle stuck in my arm for a while, but I hear they give out cookies!

I like being normal.

Nina

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Considering that they don't go beyond what is written - whereabouts in the bible does it say which parts can and can't be used ?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I WOULD ANSWER LIKE THIS:

Q) Are you going to go to the Red Cross to give blood?

A) They will answer speedily... NO! (without hesitation), Correct, I would answer NO.

Q) Why do you feel that way?

Because they cannot guarantee what they would do with my blood. Since I don't accept blood transfussions, my blood could be used for that purpose. If they could guarantee that it would not be used for that purpose, and only for extracting fractions to treat various infections, deceases, etc, then I would think about donating.

Q) Are you personally willing to accept fractions of others blood?

This is a personal decision of course. Because accepting fractions of blood main components is a conscience matter, does not automatically mean that every single Witness will accept fractions of blood. Some consciences might accept and others not, but it is a personal matter for each individual to decide.

Disclaimer: I don't represent the entire 6 million Witnesses in my responses, but these are my thoughts.

• blondie
    blondie

And I would ask:

Did you know that the blood fraction product you intend to use is made from stored blood. If the blood of someone else had not been stored, that product would not exist for your use.

Since JWs cannot store their own blood for medical purposes, how can they use a product made out of the stored blood of someone else?

• catchthis
    catchthis
    If they could guarantee that it would not be used for that purpose, and only for extracting fractions to treat various infections, deceases, etc, then I would think about donating.

But SOJ, you're missing the point. JW's are not concerned with the medical aspects of blood, but rather, the biblical instructions on what to do with it. According to the biblical "principle" found in the OT, any blood that leaves their body must be poured out upon the ground. At least that is what the WTS's position is on the matter. How dare you for even thinking about going against Mother's direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit