String theory, Relativity, and angels

by onacruse 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

Current mathematical models of the universe involve what is termed 'hyper-dimension."

Ever read the book Flatland? It describes how a 2-dimensional being would perceive the intersection of a 3-dimensional object in "their" universe.

A Flatlander would never be able to comprehend a sphere. As a sphere intersected with their Flatland, it would first appear as a point, then a line, and shrink back to a point, and again disappear. All the Flatlander would "see" is a point, then line (of variable length), and then a point. Try as they might, Flatlanders running around with their instruments of measurement would never be able to comprehend what a sphere is.

God Itself could reveal to a special Flatlander what a sphere was, but even then would a Flatlander be able to really know what a sphere was?

By analogy, our 3-D universe is equally bound. String-theory requires 11 dimensions (as I recall)...and Relativity theory starts off with 64 dimensions (with mathematical simplifications, reduced to 17 [as I recall]). [I expect some corrections on this ]

The point being: Is it unimaginable, or inconceivable, that there is hyper-dimensional life?

• Simon
    Simon

I think the latest string theory has got upto about 24 dimensions ... I think it all sounds a bit bogus myself. Science should be testable IMO

• Mac
    Mac
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

String theory also does not rule out the possibility of The Invisible Pink Unicorn. She is the TRUE God and is the one who created everything.

(Peace Be Unto Her) (May Her Hooves Never Be Shod)

"The Invisible Pink Unicorn is a being of great spiritual power. We know this because she is capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that she is pink; we logically know that she is invisible because we can't see her."

http://www.palmyra.demon.co.uk/humour/ipu.htm

• Sirona
    Sirona

Onacruse, great thread! Simon

I think the latest string theory has got upto about 24 dimensions ... I think it all sounds a bit bogus myself. Science should be testable IMO

One has to have an hypothesis to even begin to formulate a suitable method of testing. If we don't think outside the box and come up with theories, none of it would be tested. To suggest that we shouldn't even give string theory any credit "because its not been tested yet" is just silly IMO. If Einstein had thought like that then we'd have never heard any of his monumental discoveries (things which are only just being tested now) Sirona

• avengers
    avengers
    God Itself could reveal to a special Flatlander what a sphere was, but even then would a Flatlander be able to really know what a sphere was?

When you speak about Flatlanders are you talking about the Dutch, since Holland is pretty much flatland?
    Try explaining here what a mountain is and I can totally grasp your point. lol.. lol...

Andy

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The point being: Is it unimaginable, or inconceivable, that there is hyper-dimensional life?

It's clearly both imaginable and conceivable - but not really likely. If these dimensions exist, it seems they are "rolled up" so small that nothing could live in them or travel through them. They are not gateways to other realities or sci-fi type "dimensions".

Even if there were alternative planes of existence - and there may very well be - this in no way validates any particular mythology. Unless, perhaps, one of them says there are 26 dimensions....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

double post, dammit

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

[Repost I luv physics:] alt Topic: God's Unlimited omniscient database. Regarding; subatomic particles that transcend time/space My childhood mentor has been Issac Newton,"If I have seen further than other men,it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants".. Something to brainstorm about. The Trinity dogma.Why it could be plausible, in light of new discoveries in Quantum theory/particle physics which concept allows for a plurality of 'multi-verse' as opposed to just one universe. How God's omnipresence could be in a multiple dimension, so he could be in more than one place or is it three places ? At a time.[Ref;John 1:1, Matt. 10:29,30 ] This would account for God's unlimited database...Anyone wanna touch this one? If my data is correct the distance between each dimensional 'muti-verse' is that of a subatomic particle,(incredibly close) they are each 'a tad out of dimensional phase' to exist out of each others material space constraints.

To illustrate i will use AC ( alternating current) electrical power systems in North America.Single phase is 110 volts... Two phase is 240 volts( two overlapping sine waves to represent the electrical waveform) and 480 volts is a triple overlapping sine waveform.You can superimpose an almost unlimited number of waves simply by modulating the waveform slightly out of sync with each other.

So this is how a multi-verse could exist each one slightly out of sync with the next.

If spirit beings,angels and demons really to exist this may be how they remain 'unseen'.They may have the ability to transcend into other dimensions.

Matthew 10:29-30 :: The Message (MSG) Matthew 10

Forget About Yourself
    29 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. 30 He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail--even numbering the hairs on your head!

It's all quite incomprehensible.How could the entire universe start out as a 'point of singularity' smaller than a microdot as most prominent astrophysicists hold?

They say also that 40-60% of the universe is composed of so called 'dark matter'.

The only thing that I am absolutely sure of,is that the central core doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses:Jesus Christ returned to power (had his 2nd coming) in 1914 is a LIE.

• Pole
    Pole
    How God's omnipresence could be in a multiple dimension, so he could be in more than one place or is it three places ? At a time.[Ref;John 1:1, Matt. 10:29,30 ]

Computationally speaking, God could possibly be implemented as a muti-threaded time-warping server farm capable of processing billions of concurrent requests per millisecond.

In terms of object-oriented languages: God can potentially "be" in a biilion of places simultaneously. All it takes to appear in another place at the same time is creating just another instance of the abstract class "God". So it all boils down to how much RAM the Almighty one has at his disposal to handle all of those instances. If you have some faith, it becomes a quantitive problem not a qualitative one.

But that's a private joke for programmers. Sorry if it made you yawn...

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit